MassHealth Reference to weight loss surgery

jayner
on 8/6/08 3:03 am - Littleton, MA
hi,

So many have asked or complained about the restrictions about MassHealth covering weight loss surgery, that I thought I would provide a link to their guidelines:

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2terminal&L=6&L0=Home&L1=Pr ovider&L2=Insurance+(including+MassHealth)&L3=MassHealth&L4= Guidelines+for+Clinical+Treatment&L5=Guidelines+for+Medical+ Necessity+Determination&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=mass health_provider_guidelines_mnd_guidelines_bariatricsurgery&c sid=Eeohhs2

It is very long and I was unable to click on it to take you to the right site. If you copy the link, put it in the address line of your browser, and hit enter,, you should go to the correct page.

Jayne

Despinasdream
on 8/6/08 10:59 am - Lakeville, MA
Thanks for the link Jayne...it was helpful...take care Despinasdream
mary B.
on 8/16/08 1:06 pm - new bedford, MA
Thanks Jayne for the link, ...it is very helpful to know what they look at.

Mary
jayner
on 8/16/08 10:21 pm - Littleton, MA
My sister has MassHealth, CommonHealth in particular. I know how hard it is to deal with them. I've made myself her advocate and thought I would share my resources with others on this board.

Jayne

Holliewheeler
on 8/17/08 11:49 am - leominster, MA
I have masshealth and has gastric oct 23rd of 2007 and had no issues. i got my approval within a wk of when the doc put in for it.
Never a issue with them
NOW getting them to pay for plastics for all the skin i have i will prob have a world of trouble with them
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views