New here & have lots of questions

robin91
on 8/8/08 1:46 am
Hi, all - I've set up an appointment to see Dr. Shore on 9/4.  I'll keep you posted.  Thank you again for your advice.  I look forward to seeing what she has to say.

jayner
on 8/12/08 7:43 am - Littleton, MA
I'm glad that you are seeing Dr. Shore. I saw her today and mentioned your situation, not knowing that you already had an appointment with her. She seemed interested in your situation and thought that your history should not rule out the possibility of an RNY.

good luck,

Jayne

robin91
on 8/12/08 11:25 pm
Thanks alot, Jayne.  I reallly appreciate that you ran my situation by Dr. Shore.   I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again.
DonaJ
on 8/26/08 11:30 am - MA
Hi Robin,

Just wanted to say "hello" and welcome.  I went to the hospital thinking I was going to find out about the gastric bypass, After talking to my medical doctor there we decided I would go for the lap band.

1) I wanted something that wasn't removing part of my body,   because I had a son and husband to think about.  I thought the risk factors were a little better with the lap band.

2) I knew if there was a problem it could be corrected.  (hopefully) reversable

3) I was in no hurry to loose weight fast.   I have been trying for years. 

but, the choice should be what YOU are comfortable with.  The band has it's ups and downs believe me.  I wouldn't change it though.  I'm still learning things about the band even after 3 years later.   GOOD LUCK with your choice

Donna
robin91
on 8/26/08 11:27 pm
thank you everyone!

I have an appointment to speak with another surgeon on 10/22.  Hopefully he will agree to the gastric bypass method.

This will be my second surgeon. 

I'll keep you posted.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views