Need a friend that knows what I'm going through

Moonbridges
on 8/5/08 6:52 am - MA

Hello everyone, well its been a long year. I started the program last October 2007 and I finally have a date October 7,2008. The thing that has me so upset is in the begging I had a very good support group. Everyone around me was very supportive. They always were asking questions about what was going on and how things were. That ended about 5 months ago. Now when ever I bring anything up about having lab band they don’t really want to hear about it. I wish I knew some one that lived around here that has had lap band or is going to have it done cause I would really like to have someone to talk to about it. Especially cause my surgery is coming up and I’m getting nervous now and my friends don’t understand what I’m going through. So if there is anyone out there and wants to talk that would be great.

Brandi (I live near Amherst Ma)

Katsnewday
on 8/5/08 10:11 am - Ayer, MA
I dont live near you, but wanted to add support.  It is a tough road at times, and it can be lonely. 

Hang in there.   Use the boards.  Does the hospital you are going to have support groups? 
We are here for you. 

Kat

sandra267
on 8/5/08 1:25 pm - hyde park, MA
I have been so blessed that my mother is going through this too.  She has medicare as her primary so she has to do the 6 months diet.  Maybe if you tell someone how you feel they would understand and be more supportive?

sandra267
on 8/5/08 1:28 pm - hyde park, MA
Do they have a lapband support group at the hospital you are having wls? This might be a place to meet other lapbanders.

jayner
on 8/6/08 2:45 am, edited 8/6/08 2:46 am - Littleton, MA
hi Brandi,

it's too bad that this forum is mostly RNY patients. Have you tried the lap band forum on this site? There are also other forums:

www.lapbandtalk.com
www.lapbandforum.com

Perhaps you would get more of what you are looking for at those sites, not that we want you to leave.

good luck,

Jayne

RazzyRobyn
on 8/21/08 3:35 am - West Boylston, MA
Thanks for the lapbad talk link!  It's great!!

Kindly,
Robyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views