Upset with my pcp

jofurum
on 8/5/08 5:34 am - Rockland, MA
I went for my physical in May and he gave me a referral for B&G weight clinic so I went the end of May for the informational seminar and chose Dr Robinson as my surgeon and I decided I wanted to do the lap RNY and I called my PCP and got the referral for 3 visits with Dr Robinson. Well they do the Lap RNY at the Falkner and my PCP would not give my the referral since he is not affiliated with the Falkner and so I worked it out with Dr Robinson and they agreed to do the surgery at the Brigham. Well Dr Robinson office said I had used two of my visits and told me to call and get another referral for more visits and my PCP told me to come into the office so he can talk to me about it. So I did and he told me that he is against the Bariatric surgery and says its too risky and too many complications, and since I had lost the ten pounds that my surgeon asked me to lose that I could control my weight with diet and excercise and he would not give me anymore referrals. I need to change PCP I have BCBS of MA. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have done lots of research on the surgery and I know what I am getting into. I am going into this with both eyes open, I am just tired of doing the yoyo dieting everytime I try a different diet I end of gaining it all back and them some. I am so frustereated I have completed all my requirements and test my surgeon has submitted it to my insurance for a preapproval. I dont know what to do.
jayner
on 8/5/08 6:48 am - Littleton, MA
hi,

I can't believe that the very same doctor who gave you referrals is now pulling this crap! Have you contacted the weight loss center at the Brigham and asked for guidance. Does your PCP know that

"At present, according to the National Institutes of Health, weight reduction using non-surgical treatment methods is generally non-sustainable."

If you go to the left hand side of the screen in the Massachusetts Forum, there is a selectable item titles, "Find Peers". Once you open that page, you can click on City. It will sort the list according to towns. You can contact members who live in your area and ask about their PCP. Another idea is to repost this with a title, "need new PCP on South Shore".

Good luck to you. Some members have waited years to get their surgery. Finding a new PCP is much easier than getting a new insurance plan.

Jayne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views