Just want to introduce myself

Sweetval
on 7/31/08 1:11 am - Hyde Park, MA
Hi,  my name is Valerie.  I am 43 and I am just starting on my journey to a healthier me.  I will be going to my Orientation at Faulkner Hosptial on 8/6. I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea about what to expect. 
sandra267
on 7/31/08 1:28 pm - hyde park, MA
Hi Valerie,
I live in Hyde Park too.  Small world.  I was also interested in going to faulkner but went to Brighams.  Faulkner/Brigham work together. They are sister hospitals.  During the orientation a surgeon will talk about the lapband and Bypass.  They give out alot of information and present a powerpoint presentation.  The insurance person will talk about insurance needs.  Mine took about 1 and half hours.  Q and A session. If you have any question, feel free to email me.  Good luck on your Journey.

Sweetval
on 7/31/08 10:36 pm - Hyde Park, MA
Hi Sandra, Thanks for the info.  I'll let you know how everything turns out.
NeedhamGal
on 8/1/08 12:11 am - MA
Hi Val--welcome!

Joan
Dinab7
on 8/1/08 1:13 am - Norton, MA
Welcome Val,

I just did the info meeting at Brigham in June.  I'm waiting to see my surgeon in Sept.  so we are pretty much in the same boat.  It will be nice to have someone to go through this with.
Sweetval
on 8/1/08 1:24 am - Hyde Park, MA
Hi,
Thanks......I think I might need some hand-holding but I hope I'll be ok. 
candi J.
on 8/1/08 5:50 am - boston, MA
HI Valerie! WElcome Good luck. Write down all your questions.
Sweetval
on 8/1/08 8:13 am - Hyde Park, MA
Hi Candi, My orientation is on Aug 6 at Faulkner Hosp.  I will probably have a million question when I get back.  But I guess my first question is did you have the support of your PCP.  My PCP doesn't really seem to like the idea, she thinks I can do it on my own.
jaydahsmom
on 8/1/08 11:15 am
Hi Val!
I had my surgery at Faulker on 6/23.  The orientation is lenghty, but thorough.  You're going to need to get a referral from your PCP before the surgeons will see you (after the orientation).  My PCP fought me for a while, but when he saw that I wasn't making adequate progress on my own he gave me the referral.  Dr. Mun did my surgery and was really good.  I would say that he means what he says about wanting you to lose weight before the surgery; failure to do so will lead to him pushing the surgery off.  Overall it was a great experience.  I wish you the best of luck!
In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.

Eleanor Roosevelt

sandra267
on 8/2/08 10:15 am, edited 8/2/08 10:16 am - hyde park, MA
I just wanted everyone to know if you went to the orientation in june the fee is 500.00.  After June it is 550.00.  I went with Dr. Vernon who only wants  me to lose 5 pounds before surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views