2 days post-op

wicked aries
on 7/25/08 6:58 am - MA
Ok, so I DID IT! Had surgery on Wed night and let me tell you, the pain afterwards was unbearable. They tried me on 3 different pain meds and nothing really helped. I'm home now on Percoset and that seems to help better than anything...did anyone else have this much pain? One thing is the doc nicked an artery in my stomach and had to stich it, then, they can't find the wick, so they undid a few staples to look for it, now I have an open wound which is really concerning me. The VNA are suppossed to come and change it. Ugh, I'm scared now and wondering if I did the right thing. Did anyone else have any problems like this?
Deb C.
on 7/25/08 11:48 am - Burlington, MA
oh my goodness you poor thing, that sounds very scary. I did have alot of pain after surgery- way more than I was prepared for. I was really surprised by it. I was killer sore until they took the drain out on day 3 and then things improved quickly. Thank good ness because my doctor is a firm believer in no pain meds once we are discharged! I was living it up on dilotin in the hospital but once we were out- we were on our own.  I am sure that artery business is making it even worse for you. How awful. Take care and if you have any concerns at all about that open wound go straight to the ER- or demand to be seen.
Best wishes,
Deb
NeedhamGal
on 7/25/08 11:56 am - MA
Don't worry about comparing pain....if you have pain take the meds!   I had a conversion from the band to rny 2 weeks ago. My surgery was late ..like 6 pm and the next day I was dicey.   Give yourself a few days to just adjust ...for you had surgery plus.  Do make sure you get up to walk around your house...don't be too still or you will get stiff.

Be well my fellow RNY friend!

Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views