New MA Gal - Introducing Self

thinsomeday
on 7/22/08 12:35 pm - webster, MA
Hey everyone,

I am new to the game and fear that if I don't introduce myself soon, I will be an eternal lurker!  I love message boards and they have been helpful so far.  I know I will have a million questions, but wanted to thank you all in advance for your support, words of wisdom, humor, knowledge, pics, you name it!

I am a 33 year old wife and mom of 3 (5, 2 and 1), from the Worcester area, nurse, and oh yeah, 100 lbs overweight!  I am going to the orientation at UMASS in Aug.  to learn about their program and am currently enrolled in the I Can Change program with Tufts.  I have not made a decision on what type of surgery to have I change my mind daily. 

I like to see that you have get togethers too - that sounds right up my alley!

Kat
ks4
on 7/22/08 12:46 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hi and welcome.  Congratulations on starting your journey to a healthier you!

Pre-ops are welcome at our get togethers.  There is one this weekend!

Again, Welcome!

RazzyRobyn
on 7/22/08 2:24 pm - West Boylston, MA
Hi Kat.

I am knid of new here too. I post occasionally as I am in the early stages. I am 32 years old, a mother of one 4 year old and I live in the Worcester area too. I am 130 pounds overweight! UGH.

I have attended the UMASS sessions and found them very interesting and helpful. I am waiting for my first appointment and it can't come soon enough.

Anyway, I don't know alot about WLS but I am more than happy to help you out or just chat.

Feel free ask me questions if you want. If you want to get to know each other over email, just let me know. (I don't want to seem to pushy.)

Welcome.

RazzyRobyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Sue M.
on 7/23/08 12:36 am - Nantucket, MA

Welcome! 

I'm a 34 year old single woman (well, unmarried anyway) and have 100 or so to lose myself.  I'm hosting this get together this weekend, so if you can make it Sunday to Waltham around noon, let me know, we'd be glad to have you!  Just contact me off the boards and I'll give you directions.  If you can't make it, then we'll definitely welcome you at the next one!

Sue

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
AwesomeForever
on 7/23/08 4:10 am - Marlborough, MA
Okay, you new people, the two others are from the Newton Wellesley Hospital surgical team of Sheila Partridge and Pablo Gazmuri...as well as a large staff who have helped me through this journey since last August with my surgery on Jan 3rd this year.

I  welcome you. I hope to see you on Sunday. As per usual for me, if I have one thing to do on my day off, I have two...so I will be there a short time.

I am a 61 year old woman with a husband, three daughters, and four grandchildren.

I was vastly overweight...now just a little overweight.

Some who know me say I have done enough. That is not my opinion.

Linda
karianne
on 7/23/08 8:44 am - Marlborough, MA
Revision on 04/05/12
Hi Kat,

I am also 33yrs old, married with 3 children (11,8 and 6) and I'm a middle school teacher in southborough.  I had weight loss surgery over 4 years ago and have maintained my loss for two years now.  I just had a TT 4 weeks ago and feel fantasitc.  I also had 100lbs to lose.  I had my surgery at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington but I had a 2 friends who went to UMASS.  Goodluck in your research!  I have before and after pics on my profile.  Congratulations on making the decision to get healthy! 

Karianne

HW-244, SW-234, CW-207
4/8/04 Lap-band-Goal weight for 5 yrs, Tummy Tuck 6/23/08
Lap-band Leak 4/2011, Revision to Gastric Bypass 4/5/12

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views