• 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter....omitted  used snack cup size unsweetend applesauce
  • 1 cup sugar...omitted used 1/3 cup slender blend
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour + 2 scoops Banana Chike protein powder
  • Dark chocolate chips and chopped walnuts opitional.....

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

OH SOOO YUMMY!!

Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Lynn C
on 5/26/10 5:13 am
I'll second that!!  I didn't read the ingredients before I tasted it on Monday night and I would never have know that it had been nutritionalized!! Taste like a bad for you indulgence but surprize - healthy substitutions - banana bread is back.

Thanks for sharing, will you come to my house and make some?? I know I have those metal things that go in the oven....what are they called?? Pans, thats right....I own pans!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

tauntonredsox33
on 5/26/10 5:21 am - Taunton, MA
lmao off trust me this is the most effort i put into cooking..lol   If it's not crockpot forget it...lol

You should've seen me last night cooking up some marianated beef....  had flame up too high so all the marinade splashed all over my cute white shorts and shirt,,, so I got out the tide to go pen... It worked!!!     only if you sing the song na na na na hey hey hey goodbye !!!  then I decided to make crystal light..... don't you know the damn powder spilled all over me RASPBERRY!!!  yup so needless to say those clothes came right off (just as Kevin was walking in )and into the oxy -clean and are still soaking.....  I am so not good at the cooking thing!!!! 
Melissa M. 
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Lynn C
on 5/26/10 6:20 am

Ha we must be kindred spirits - I ruin more clothes while cooking, I'm also prone to cutting myself (I cut my finger with a butter knife and have the scar to prove it)

I've done the Crystal light thing at work, in a white shirt - it ended up with tiny pink polka dots all over the section that the to go stick exploded on and the tide pen did not help. The wetter it got the pinker it got.

That means we need to find someone to cook for the both of us - anyone want the job??

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

tauntonredsox33
on 5/26/10 6:48 am - Taunton, MA
Why do you think I'm with Kevin.....LOL  he is a great cook and so is his mom it works for me!!!  I've made it very clear that I'm not a good cook....  Kevin has not complained once about my cooking,,, What a good man...lol
Melissa M. 
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
hollyberries
on 5/26/10 7:32 am - Carver, MA
Yummo, I can't wait to try this....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

kawkbw
on 5/26/10 9:01 am - MA
this was really good!!  I wonder if you could use any other kind of protein powder?  All I have is chocolate and cinnamon roll.
RedSox15
on 5/26/10 9:21 am - MA
What about unflavored or chocolate ... ooh!!  Chocolate banana bread sounds good .. the chocolate chips were good in the bread, I can only imagine chocolate protein powder!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

tauntonredsox33
on 5/26/10 10:51 pm - Taunton, MA
I'll try chocolate in it next time... sounds good!
Luv you girls.... 

I think I have a new member of our group soon!!!!
Melissa M. 
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
david kern
on 5/27/10 9:29 am
sounds yummy i will give it run also
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views