HOW DOES AN OVERFILL CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN?

Eve
on 7/11/08 9:03 am - Randolph , MA
Wow!! its been a LOOONG time since I have been on here. I am a veteran BANSTER but embarrasingly have fallen off the bangwagon and gained back a substancial amount of weight back. I am dissapointed at myself. I read someones post about gaining due to an overfill...how is that possible? I wonder if I am overfilled? How are all my long lost band buddies? I NEED YOUR HELP..I CNT GO BACK TO WHAT I WAS!! and I feel like almost there again.

I had initially Started this journey 5 years ago when I weighed 233 lbs height 5'2" BMI was 42.8. I lost alot of weight after being banded, but the the weight crept up. I had Revision Surgery 3/31/2010 to RNY  I took some time away after getting Married and having two kids but now I am On my way again!!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/08 2:24 am - Orlando, FL

not sure as i had RNY. try posting in the post op board for some answers.

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/08 2:26 am - Orlando, FL
IncredibleFeeling
on 7/12/08 6:58 am - MA

I have never heard of such a thing. Usually when you are overfilled, you are too tight to even get down food and/or liquid. An over filled band will cause alot of vomiting or stuck episodes. Some even get stuck on liquids.

I guess at your point you might want to check in with your surgeon and nutritionists and see what they offer for advise. 

Good luck!  

220/156/130
NeedhamGal
on 7/12/08 11:50 am - MA

it is possible...because you can't tolerate solid foods. Chicken, or other meats and you slant your menu to foods that slide down. (like in a restaurant.....an appetizer for your meal) AT home you could be having more carnations/shakes than a veteran should have.

Very possible indeed you are tight and altering your eating pattern.

Joan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views