my date is fast approaching

antonietta23
on 7/10/08 2:12 am - Holbrook, MA
My surgery is on Tuesday July 15,  I have been on the emotional roller coaster.  I am nervous and excited.  I finished all the pre op and now it is finally here.  It does not seem real yet.  Any advice for hospital stay or foods that have helped you get started.  Anything
ks4
on 7/10/08 3:19 am - Fitchburg, MA
Good luck to you! Advice would be to sip sip sip after surgery and get up and walk to move the gas out.

AwesomeForever
on 7/10/08 5:59 am - Marlborough, MA
Antonietta: I wish you peace.  You will get a lot of advice.  Here is mine.  Take time to breathe and think of how nice it will be to wear clothes so much smaller than you are wearing now. Take time to breathe and realize that you are adding years to your life. I know that you may have ups and downs...but you will have a great experience. It has been 6 months for me and I am doing well. Linda
jereyes
on 7/10/08 9:24 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
Good luck on your up coming surgery.  You really don't need much for the hospital except chapstick.  I brought a book but could not focus on it at all.  Walk the hallways and sip, sip, sip on your water and liquids.  For home try to have broth, SF pops and jello.  It will be an emotional rollercoaster for the first few months.  Good Luck!  Janet
NeedhamGal
on 7/12/08 11:57 am - MA

I just came home from Brigham& Women's and they totally took care of me. They have 4 patients per nurse during the day.  Bring your cell phone, and bring your own undies to get into after surgery. I also brought my own slippers(in the wash right now!!) and my own face lotion.

Good luck and don't worry.  To be honest, it really didn't hurt.

Joan

jayner
on 7/12/08 10:20 pm - Littleton, MA

Once I got settled in my room, my husband brought my pillow. Nothing like sleeping with your own pillow. I left the hospital no longer on diabetes or high blood pressure medications! If I didn't lose any weight, I would still consider my RNY a success. Remember why you are doing this. It is such a life changing event.

Jayne

Leila M.
on 7/13/08 11:41 am - MetroWest, MA

Antonietta, 

I can empathize with you--the anticipation is making me nervous and excited too! (my surgery is July 17)  At least we can rest assured that we are in the best possible hands with Dr. Randall!

Leila

antonietta23
on 7/13/08 9:11 pm - Holbrook, MA

Good Luck to you as well.  At this time tommorrow I will be on my way.  I think at this point I am just ready to get on with this.  I am looking towards the future. 

jenniknowles
on 7/14/08 2:48 pm - New Bedford, MA
Good Luck! My surgery is this Thursday and I am on that same roller coaster right now. I laugh because my I called my friend last week who was going in on the 10th for surgery and laughed at how nervous she was, now everyday that gets closer my nerves are having a tough time staying at bay. I look forward to hearing about your progress! Jenni
Karen B.
on 7/16/08 10:49 am - MA
congrats on your upcoming surgery!!  i know those feelings a mixture of nervousness, happiness, and a little scary...you will be fine...i cannot tell you how much your life will change for the better...best thing i ever did for myself and my family...

good luck!!!
Karen B.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views