Chemical Imbalance

ks4
on 7/9/08 12:32 pm - Fitchburg, MA
So I went to see my doctor tonight for a few reasons.  One my lack of libido (this was the main reason for the appointment), but since I was there, I figured I'd talk to her about my RAGE.  I feel like I'm going to go postal.  She asked me lots of questions and said that it's definately a chemical imbalance and suggested some natural remedies to try first before she medicates me.  Right now I'm self medicating so if this doesn't make sense, that's why.  (I've never done this...so it's not a problem ).  However, the natural remedies will take at least or up to six weeks before I notice a difference.  Let's hope I don't go crazy in the meantime .  She said I have too much stress in my life and need to find ways of reducing the stess, but she realizes my lifestyle and it's hard to change any of it right now.  Scheduling me time is another thing she suggested.  I've done this already.  This Saturday is all about me!!!  I'm not answering to no one and I'm changing my name for the day (I will not answer to Mom, mommy, mumma, ma, babe, hun, honey at all) Aw this sucks, I'm three sips into my drink, feeling buzzed already and now have heartburn.  Just when I thought it could take the edge off it bites me in the ass.  Ahh such is life. 

jayner
on 7/9/08 8:13 pm - Littleton, MA
oh Kendra, I could have written the first part - the libido and the anger. I've been in therapy for years. Most psychiatric medications really affect your libido. You may be much better off going the natural route. My anger was a real issue last year. I was ranting at strangers. Not a good thing - you don't know who these people are. I learned to pick my battles.  Jayne

ks4
on 7/9/08 10:52 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Oh I am well aware of the stranger thing.  I had a food program representative come to my house yesterday for my daycare.  I'm a flippin' open book and pretty much told her my life story. I'm definately going to try the natural route first.  She also said that some of the medications to treat what I have can cause weight gain and she doesn't want to put me on anything that could do that seeing how I have/had weight issues.  So I'm crossing my fingers, and my toes and hope that the natural remedies will be all that I need.

Sue M.
on 7/9/08 10:55 pm - Nantucket, MA

Ah, the rage.  I exercise to help alleviate that.  I have a "f*ck you" mix on my Ipod full of songs that represent rage to help add emotion to the work out.  I've also been known to scribble really hard with crayons when in rage bind and can't get to exercise. 

I'm medicated already....couldn't live without them meds, but they haven't messed with libido thankfully.  The exhaustion takes care of that.

Good luck getting through it - you are not alone!

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
ks4
on 7/10/08 3:17 am - Fitchburg, MA
Thanks!  The lack of libido I can deal with (my husband is having issues with my lack there of), but the rage is scaring me.  I want this taking care of ASAP!  I have no control over it and it seems to come out of no where.  The stupid littlest things make me fly off the handle.  I never use to be like this.  Yea I have a temper, but nothing like this is.

honeymoo
on 7/10/08 11:37 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
I hear you on the libido (and like your hubby mine isn't thrilled) unfortunately because of the breast cancer and it being a hormone positive type I can't take any estrogen type medicine.  Dr G. told my hubby that for those of us that don't see an immediate upswing they usually see one after the 2 year mark, I'll let you know in a few months how it goes lol.   Sorry I can't help you on the rage, I'm glad you are scheduling time for you you made me laugh listing all the names you will not answer to.  Good luck and hang in there

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

ks4
on 7/10/08 11:48 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Gwen, I'm really looking forward to Saturday.  A friend of mine (actually I met her through OH) invited me to a pool party and I'm going to try to fit that into my day as well.  I told my husband that my doctor is prescribing me some me time every weekend and that one hour of me time doesn't include making dinner, doing laundry, running errand etc... The two year mark eh.  Oh geez, I don't know if my husband can wait that long lol...but do let me know how it works out for you. I hope you're feeling well!   Take Care,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views