Getting started

DianeDiBAdams
on 7/9/08 11:48 am - Everett, MA
Well last night my daughter and I attended the information session at Brigham and Womens Hospital. It was very informative. Today I made my appointment with Dr. Mun, and with the Psychologist. So on August 20 I go to the Psychologist and the next morning I go to Faulkner to meet Dr. Mun. I am beyond excited. I feel like things are actually happening now.

kerriockey
on 7/9/08 11:00 pm - Marshfield, MA
I was at that seminar too!  I was actually there for support for a family member.  I am being banded on Tues. in Norwood.  I thought it was really informative as well.  Good luck with your journey! Kerri
DianeDiBAdams
on 7/10/08 1:22 am - Everett, MA
I figured some people from here would be at the meeting.  Good luck with your procedure. I liked Dr. Robinson. But my PCP referred me to Dr. Mun. I have no problem with that except that I will have my surgery at Faulkner instead of The Brigham which is more convienient. 

kerriockey
on 7/10/08 3:13 am - Marshfield, MA
Thanks for the well wishes.  Good luck to you too!  What procedure are you having?  I am having lapband.  I knew I didnt want GB because my mom had it 5 years ago (and although she is NOT the norm she had and still has SEVERAL negative side effects.)  She had Dr. Robinson though.  I didn't need a referral and liked the idea of a smaller hospital for the more personal experience.  I hope your journey goes smoothly...mine was much quicker than I had expected.  I had my consult on 6/13 met with the psych eval and sleep study on 6/24 and met with the Nut on 7/1.  On 7/3 I had a surgery date and by 7/7/8 my insurance had approved everything!
DianeDiBAdams
on 7/10/08 5:10 am - Everett, MA
I want to have the GB. I just worry about the slipping with the band. What insurance do you have if you don't mind me asking? I hear Harvard Pilgrim is pretty good when it comes to approvals. I hope so! I hope my process goes as quickly as yours did.

kerriockey
on 7/10/08 9:59 pm - Marshfield, MA
I have BCBS PPO National (Carefirst out of MD).  I was surprised it was so quick.
patsfan334
on 7/10/08 5:43 pm
nicunicu2002
on 7/10/08 11:39 pm - Sharon, MA
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!! Its exciting isnt it?  Im glad the process is going smoothly with you and Im sure you will be very pleased with Dr. Mun, Ive heard great things about him.. kim

DianeDiBAdams
on 7/11/08 9:57 am - Everett, MA
Thanks, I have to just realize things take time. At least I am on the way.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views