what to bring to hospital at memorial in worcester

bdbj2512
on 7/6/08 2:12 am - Worcester, MA
hi i was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to bring to the hospital for surgery. and also what to bring to wear home. i don't know how sensitive my stomache will be and if it will tollerate shorts or what? also was wondering if you had pre-op done at memorial how long it took and what to expect. i am very nervous. i have not lost any weight since seeing the surgeon and am not sure if i amy have gained a couple of pounds. do you think they will not let me have the surgery. any advice?

Dawn the Twinsmom
on 7/6/08 10:19 pm - Worcester, MA

Relax,, breathe. Pre op is simply bloodwork and weight check.

As for hospital, bring a loose fitting top and shorts. they provide everything else you need.

good luck! I LOVE dr. czerniach!!!

Dawn 

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.

obrienbus18
on 7/7/08 12:33 am - Linwood, MA
Hi Dawn, I had surgery at memorial on June 24. Wear to the hospital what you want to wear home. Loose fitting bottoms and loose top(I couldn't do the bra). All you need for the hospital is a chapstick and maybe your cell phone.  Leave a pillow in the car that you will be coming home in. It helps for the ride home.  Best of Luck...Debbie

SueAustin
on 7/7/08 9:41 am - Auburn, MA
I just had surgery at Memorial on 7-1-08.   You don't need to bring much to the hospital, I over packed as usual.  I did use my own slippers but stayed in a johnny the entire stay.  They find it easier to check your incisions if you have a johnny on.  The staff up there is excellent.  Don't worry about the weight loss, you will lose some water weight just from not eating the day before surgery.  Pretesting is no big deal either but I was there for 1 1/2 hours and that was with an 8:00 a.m. appt. time. Good luck with everything, all will go well!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sue A
AwesomeForever
on 7/7/08 10:27 am - Marlborough, MA
Good Luck...just remember that you will need lose clothes. Mine were lose but I had so much IV fluid that they felt tight. I did not have a pillow...and I suffered on a particular stretch that was too bumpy. No one knows the pain of a pothole but you. So bring a pillow. The bathroom is right in the room. You will not need much. You should have a bathrobe for the hall when you get to walk to relieve the gas pressure. Again I say good luck, and may you have an uneventful day of surgery. Linda
hicksene
on 7/10/08 2:57 am - MA
Well I was at NW and I stayed in my johnny the whole time, but I brought my own pillows from home, and I was so much more comfortable with them, it really helped having the smells of home while in the hospital.  I also brought some chapstick and my cellphone.  And I brought clean panties. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views