Anyone have opinion of surgeons at U Mass????

psturgill
on 6/21/08 12:01 pm - NH
I am pursuing gastric bypass at U Mass Memorial.  I have my heart set on Dr Kelly but in case it's not definite, does anyone have any opinions, good or bad, regarding other surgeons at U Mass?
wicked aries
on 6/22/08 4:45 am - MA
I am having the surgery with Dr. Kelly on July 23'rd. I work with a surgeon who works with him (not on GB) and says he's the best...but he highly recommended all the surgeons at Umass. Good luck!
AwesomeForever
on 6/22/08 11:10 am - Marlborough, MA
My friend had surgery at UMASS Memorial. She is doing excellent. Linda
Dawn the Twinsmom
on 6/22/08 10:16 pm - Worcester, MA

I had Dr. Czerniach at Umass... I am currently at normal BMI, less than a year out. I loved him, and would go to him again in a heartbeat!!

Dawn

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.

Cindy M.
on 6/23/08 5:40 am - Sterling, MA

I had Dr. Kelly 2 1/2 years ago.  I had to wait alittle longer to see him but he was worth it.  He poineered the surgery at UMass and trained all the other doctors.  He also did my hernia repair last February.  Good Luck

SillyMommaBG
on 6/23/08 8:37 pm
Hi I am 7 years out and I did a lot of research and found out the oldest practice is at Newton Welsley.  They also have the lowest death rate.  I can not say enough about the personal one on one attention and detail oriented they are.  I researched U Mass also but found that I was much happier w/ newton Welsley.  Best of luck! 
Jessica O.
on 6/24/08 5:20 am - Grafton, MA
I had my surgery done at UMass by Dr. Donald Czerniach.  I think he is a great surgeon ... very caring and personable.  My sister-in-law had her surgery done by Dr. Richard Peruguini.  I hear he is wonderful.  It's my understanding that everyone wants Dr. John Kelly as their surgeon, but in my opinion the other surgeons are just as great.  They were trained by Dr. Kelly.  Plus, having one of the others for your surgeon may guarantee a sooner surgery date, since Dr. Kelly books out far. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views