Got everything done...just waiting for packet to be sent in for approval.

fluffymama
on 6/17/08 3:25 am - malden, MA
So I did everything on my end. I went to all my appointments, had my tests, and had everything sent to the surgeons office. I met with the NP at the surgeons office last Tuesday and I was told my packet was complete. So now I just have to wait for the office to send the packet in for approval. I really want to have the surgery done by the end of July. I go back to school in September and my mom has the last week of july and the first week of august off and she can help me with my kids (single mom with a 7 yo and 18 mo). So typically how long does it take to send the packet in once its complete? And, how long will it take for the approval (or god forbid denial) to come back? I go to Dr. Randall and my insurance is Network Health.
antonietta23
on 6/17/08 3:53 am - Holbrook, MA
What insurance do you have. I have harvard Pilgram and I just got my letter today and I am having my surgery on the 15th of July. Maybe we will be on the same day. She submitted it last tuesday or wednesday and I have been approved. I know they are booking in july. Good Luck. I think it will work out for you with the date.
fluffymama
on 6/17/08 10:28 am - malden, MA
I have network health. How long after your packet was complete did she send it in for approval? I called my insurance and they said they approve or deny the claim quickly once they receive the packet.
antonietta23
on 6/17/08 11:16 am - Holbrook, MA
i know it was complete last tuesday, but I think she did not submit it till after that. Not sure which day but I got a letter from my insurance today. she said she already new it. so I assume she knew yesterday.  I called my insurance this morning and they did not have the information and then I got my mail and had the approval. So I do not always trust the insurance company. You will hear this week I bet and you will have it in july.   good luck
fluffymama
on 6/17/08 10:12 pm - malden, MA
Thanks. Thats funny that we both had our packet complete on the same day. Were you at the office? Maybe we were there the same time. I actually called Randall's office and Shirley told me it had not been submitted yet. I'm not sure why. She said it would be submitted "at some point".  I hope to hear soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views