First steps

eoneil616
on 6/12/08 1:28 am - Peabody, MA
Hi all!  I'm new to this too, and have been reading your postings for any and all information I can get.  Some of the information I have read on the web are years old, and talks about things I'm sure they don't even do anymore.  I have met with my surgeon, and have my appointments set up for further testing and a psych workup during the summer.  My surgery will be at Salem Hospital.  I am also going to two group meetings at the hospital with patients who have already had the surgery, in hopes of getting down to the nitty-gritty.   I want to hear the bad as well as the good.  I have lost (and regained) 90 lbs. eight times in my life, and I'm hoping that this surgery will 'put out the fire' for me, and allow me to finally be able to maintain my weight loss.  I'm just afraid that although I am highly motivated now, I will fail again.  I would love to hear your thoughts and advice.  Thanks, Ellen
Jodi A.
on 6/12/08 4:00 am - Lynn, MA

Hi Ellen, I had RNY with Dr. Buckley in January.  I am quite happy I finally decided to do it.  Will you be at the June 23rd support group? If so, I will be there. You can grab me and ask questions or feel free to contact me via OH.  Dr. Buckley is great. There are a couple other girls on here that have had surgery with Dr. Buckley. (Martha M. and Amy W. ). Jodi

eoneil616
on 6/12/08 5:20 am - Peabody, MA
Thanks, Jodi!  Yes, I will be there, and I will look for you to say hello.  I'm glad you are happy about your surgery.  It's all kind of overwhelming!  Ellen
Jodi A.
on 6/12/08 10:14 am - Lynn, MA
It can definately be overwhelming however know matter what goes on during the process or how overwhelming or stressful it can be...it is so worth it.  It gives you your life back.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views