conversion approved

NeedhamGal
on 6/11/08 1:09 am - MA
Hi ..My lapband to Rny conversion has been approved and I am scheduled for surgery. Can't wait.   I have a new profile....NeedhamGal.... Joan (formerly Joan The incredible shrinking woman) and can't wait to be shrinking again@@@
nicunicu2002
on 6/11/08 3:16 am - Sharon, MA
Joan..that is fabulous news.  Congrats!!  When is your surgery scheduled? kim

NeedhamGal
on 6/11/08 4:02 am - MA
thanks...scheduled for July the 8th. I see you have Doc Lautz and are in August. Good Luck! Joan
ks4
on 6/11/08 3:35 am - Fitchburg, MA
Awesome!!!  You're surgery date is right around the corner.  Best wishes!!!

Discovery02466
on 6/11/08 4:16 am - Newton, MA
Good for you!  Great news!

~Jenn

NeedhamGal
on 6/11/08 6:04 am - MA
thanks for the well wishes! Joan
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/08 6:05 am - east falmouth, MA
That is great news!   You sort have confirmed my thoughts on the lap band.  And maybe Dr Lautz is in a rethinking stage as well.   I first thought the lap band was right for me but after a real long and detailed info session with Dr Lautz I decided otherwise.  He mentioned the word GADGET...which stuck in my throat.  I think ultimately our amazingly well designed bodies will learn to adjust to or reject the changes.  I sort of trust that my body will be able to ajust to the RNY ...Not so much trust in the lap band and the fills and hardwear issues with it. Of course it is different for everybody but I am real grateful for that word "gadget.."  Because without it I wouldn't have thought that way.  I am really glad for your approval!  Your loosing and gaining history sounds just a whole lot like mine.  I can loose 50 pounds whenever I am committed...but never the full amount I need to shed..and no matter what I do the weight starts going back up...Can we say I have been playing the set point boogie for about 30 years....Not having much fun with that there game either.... Let's pray for both out sakes that the surgery will put that game to rest!!!! Go NEEDAMGAL!!!!
NeedhamGal
on 6/12/08 10:25 am - MA
Thanks so much...I like the analogy we have been playing the same game for 30 years. how right! Joan
Valerieb09
on 6/13/08 8:32 am - Seacoast, NH
Congratulations Joan! I am so excited for you to be approved and have a surgery date.  I am sure you will shrink down just fine...lol.  Hoping I do too now that I have a gastric bypass instead of the lapband. Valerie
Leila M.
on 6/18/08 12:14 am - MetroWest, MA
Joan, I am so excited for you!  We can shrink together!  Leila
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs