gallbladder ultrasound

nicunicu2002
on 6/9/08 11:03 pm - Sharon, MA

Hey guys..just wanted to give you a heads up regarding the US that I had yesterday for my gallbladder.  I went to Brigham Womens for the test.  Staff there very pleasant HOWEVER, the girl that did my US did not know what she was doing.  I was in there for an hour and it was very painful.  She kept US me over my xyphoid process (the little bone at the end of your large breast bone in the middle of your chest) pressing down on it....I swear it made me nauseous from the pain.  I asked her how she could see my gallbladder thru bone and she said she wasnt on bone...Im like, uhhh yes you are and its hurting like hell.  Anyway, to make a long story short, she scanned for an hour when I said 'enough' and she went to get the doc...he came in, immediately went 5 inches below the xyphoid process and was like 'here it is"...apparently she couldnt even find the thing from that angle (I was on my back).  It took him 2 minutes to get pics and I was done.  She did NOT know what she was doing..... hhmmmfffffff!

kim

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/08 11:08 pm - east falmouth, MA
Wow...You were unlucky!  My tech an Brighams was great...I think you need to tell on her so they can train her a bit better.  sorry for your discomfort..I have had nothing but good in my testing up there...  Hope the rest goes better..( did ya get tha Barrium yet?  that is a blast!...) Take care !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views