Trying to get a surgery date

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/08 11:30 am - east falmouth, MA
I did not have a supervised diet but after the pre op testing they found a need an endoscope of my innards and that will take another month and a half to get...I have to wait because I am self employed and couldn't take  the recovery time off at the later date. It was financial!.   Still...I started in April and if all went as they first said it would have taken place in june or July...But because of the testing it would have been scheduled in late August at best.     I wouldn't count on any less than a 4 month process ...and if it is just be happy and suprised.  I believed too much in their estimated time frame and it bit me in the butt so to speak.   Just warning you not to be too dissapointed if it takes longer...I was and it was a nasty let down and I fell apart for a while... My guess is that we might have similar surgery dates...I hope it takes less time for you...Either way we gotta do what we gotta do.   I think doctor vernon is great and her staff has been top notch...It will be worth the wait ... Best of luck and keep n touch...Sue . 
Jodi A.
on 6/12/08 4:11 am - Lynn, MA
I also went through Salem-NSMC for RNY.  The process went smoothly. There are times when people more therapy or attend the Pre-Op Risk Reduction Program.  It doesn't mean you can't have surgery it just means they want you to be ready.  This is a life long change and the reason we have such a work up it set us up for success and not failure.  It this is something you really want, then you must do wahtever is necessary to complete the process.  Personally, I am quite pleased with our program.  I am glad we have Psychiatrists that are evaluating and assessing our eating habits and the root cause.  I would much rather have our psychiatrists then one that asks you questions about presidents and stuff.  What does the last three presidents have to do with WLS????   Hang in there, your time will come.  Just continue to keep your appointments and attend the support group meetings.  JUNE 23rd is the next one.

diouellette
on 6/12/08 5:28 am
Hi Jodi, Thanks for the information. .I agree that the program at Salem is great and that is why i picked that one instead of another. I was just confused thinking that a nutritionist would be more helpful but I have decided that it is okay and I am just going to work with the psych person and go with the program. I am so looking forward to the meeting coming up. I find them very helpful and motivating and was really bummed when we didnt have one in may. Thanks again for the support it does help Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views