COUNTDOWN BEGINS NOW

twinsdaddy
on 6/6/08 11:53 pm - winthrop, MA
WELL ITS SAT MORNING AND I HAVE TO WORK SUNDAY I HAVE MONDAY OFF WITH MY SURGEY AT 645 AM TUESDAY MORNING I HAVE TO BE AT MGH AT 530 AM IVE BEEN IN THIS PROCESS FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW AND NOW THAT ITS HERE I THINK I MIGHT BE FREAKING OUT JUST A LITTLE AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING? WILL I RUIN THE REST OF MY LIFE ? WILL THIS REALLY GIVE ME MORE YEARS WITH MY BABIES ? SEE IM RAMBLING AND HUNGREY ALREADY  LOL
jayner
on 6/7/08 1:49 am - Littleton, MA
hi, This is about the time I also freaked out. You have a top-notch surgeon! You are going to a world-class hospital! Enjoy the weather with your twins. Decide to put off worrying until Tuesday morning, then they will pump you up with medicines and the next thing you know, you will be in recovery. My surgery was on 5/14. By the time I left the hospital, I was no longer on diabetes and high blood pressure medications. I had no real pain from the surgery. Best of luck to you. Jayne
twinsdaddy
on 6/7/08 2:20 am - winthrop, MA
thank you very much for your time and kind words its almost a mounth for you, how do you feel ? did you have lap band or bypass? frank
jayner
on 6/7/08 3:54 am - Littleton, MA
hi Frank, I had an RNY. I'm doing pretty well. I have trouble getting in all the water. I've learned not to gulp. My pouch is not crazy about cold water and drinking from a bottle. I really flunked my first day on soft foods. I tried to get in 3 oz. of protein. I learned to take little steps and work up to the 3 oz. I also dumped that day. I went to a gathering after a funeral and the good choices I made with food were not really good choices. I was under the weather for a good 24 hours after that. I learned that fear of dumping again is a good thing. On Tuesday my diet advances to regular food.  I posted a great recipe on the May forum for a mock dani****'s a good recipe for the soft food stage.  My husband's office mate's son is best friends with your doctor's son! He works at Lincoln Labs. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday. Jayne
TRNash1101
on 6/8/08 4:02 am - Taunton, MA
I know it's hard to do, but try not to stress.  Just spend some quality time with your family to take your mind off things!  I'm almost two weeks out and my surgery was the Tuesday after Memorial Day weekend.  I knew I was going to stress, so I planned a weekend getaway to Maine with my family and a group of friends, and we had a blast.  I'm already down 20lb and I'm positive that this was the best decision I could have made for myself and my children.  And the meds they give you before your surgery WILL help to calm you down - trust me.  That's when I felt like I was ready to have my panic attack, but I just kept reminding myself how much good was going to come out of it.  Good luck on Tuesday morning, and I'll be thinking of you!  :)
nicunicu2002
on 6/8/08 7:49 am - Sharon, MA
Frank...good luck on your surgery, everything will be fine.  You have made a wonderful decision to have this done.  Its not an easy one to make.  I hope you are home and feeling better really soon... kim
ks4
on 6/8/08 11:20 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Frank, I think it's normal to have the feelings that you are feeling.  For me, I was excited until I got into the room and they started hooking me all up.  That's when I started to get really nervous, but then the meds kicked in and I was feeling just F I N E...lol. I obviously can't say if you are doing the right thing for you or not, but for me, it was the best decision I've made.  It has given me my life back.  All of my co-mobidities are gone and I feel like a new person.  I have so much more energy (exept for the few days following Memorial Day weekend) and I can keep up with my four children and the daycare kids that I care for everyday. The first two weeks following surgery were the hardest for me.  In the hospital I wasn't hungry at all.  I barely finished what they provided me.  But at home when I was around all the food, it was hard staying on the pureed stuff when I had a bunch of BBQ's to attend.  But....I got through it and I am glad I stuck to it (I really didn't have a choice!)  Not having a choice was a good thing for me.  The fear of dumping is a good thing for me too. After surgery, remember to sip, sip, sip and do lots of walking to get the gas out.  The gas is very uncomfortable.  You may not notice it right away, but it will settle in and get uncomfortable.  Get up and get moving and you'll recover much faster.  You will be wiped out the first day and probably for half of the second day.  You're first week at home, you'll be very tired too.  Get as much rest as you can and let you're body heal well so you can keep up with those little ones of yours. My wish for you is a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.  See you on the losers bench tomorrow!!!

gjking
on 6/9/08 4:09 am - Wareham, MA
Wish you the best... my wife & myself are 2 weeks behind you on the 24th.  BOTH THE SAME DAY!!  We're both a little anxious but hope the end result is what we expect.  Good Luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views