Still Hungry

bazam9s
on 6/4/08 3:46 am

Hi All It's been 3 weeks since my surgery and I've lost about 12 pounds....I don't know if this is normal...it doesn't seem to be much.  I'm still hungry and can eat almost anything.  I do feel full a little bit sooner than I normally would, but not much.  I'm going to see my surgeon for the first time tomorrow and see what he says....has anyone else had slow start??

Also, my port is very uncomfortable...it's sensitive and I feel discomfort...is this normal? does it go away eventually?

Looking forward to hearing back

It_is_SO_happening
on 6/4/08 4:10 am - MA
your hunger is not real hunger! its head hunger when we had surgery our nerves were cut including the one that causes "hunger" for the next 6 months you MAY not feel full either.  This is why you have to weigh your food and stay on track asyou could potentially eat too much etc... Head hunger is the MOST common reason people gain wait. They are confusing it with the body's need for fuel. Try drinking some water etc.. to get your mind off of it.. maybe start a new activity etc.. it gets easier trust me :)
I WILL remain POSITIVE and  by such thought---it SHALL be!
IncredibleFeeling
on 6/6/08 9:17 am - MA
Everyone is different! Some have restriction right off the bat while others it takes fills to do so.  As far as your port...make sure you're not lifting anything heavy. The area will be sore for some time, and may happen on and off. As long as there is no sign of infection, it's most likely ok.  Call your doc for any concerns.
220/156/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views