Get Together located in MA - June 14th - Last Call!!! Come one Come all!!!

Zaudika
on 6/3/08 8:55 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
Hi everyone! 

I wanted to get one more thread going to once again invite anyone in MA and the surrounding areas to please join us at Rutland State Park for a Get Together.  

Postop and Preop and Considering surgery and Family and Friends are all Welcome!!!! 

Details:
Rutland State Park in Massachusetts
Time: 12noon
Date: June 14, 2008
Style: Potluck!! - Let me know what you want to bring!  Just shoot me an email.

*Children Activites/Prizes are being provided - please bring your kids along if you'd like!!*

Below is a list of the current attendees.   For those already coming -- if you are on this list and something has come up -- please please email me and let me know.

UserName Peeps Kids Food
Zaudika 2 0 Site Fee - $50
Amy W 2 0 Hot Dog Buns / Hamburger Buns
L.B. 2 0 meat dish / bean salad
Angela H 5 3 Hot Dogs / Condiments?
notCasey 2 0 Salad / Plasticware?
Discovery02466 1 0 low-fat nacho dip / plasticware
LadyR861 1 0 tuna salad
ks4 6 4 bean salad
Dawn the Twinsmom 6 4 Charcol / Hamburger Patties
Jessica O. 2 0 taco dip or beans or buffalo chicken
Striveforhealth 2 0 ?
Kathy W. 2 0 something from eggface
Peramoredibacett 4 1 fruit
petite 4 2 bottle water
Christine K. 3 0 water / juice boxes / dessert
Jayner 2 0 Paper Goods

Total Peeps! 46 14
Zaudika
on 6/4/08 9:18 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
UPDATE:  Just as an FYI - if the weather looks bad for that Saturday (when it gets closer) - we will be cancelling -- a notification will go out on Wednesday the 13th if this happens. 

The list is constantly moving and changing... here's an updated one .. thank you HUGE to all the helpers and flexible people. 

UserName Peeps Kids Food
Zaudika 2 0 Site Fee - $50
Amy W 2 0 Hot Dog Buns / Hamburger Buns
Angela H 5 3 ???
notCasey 2 0 Hot Dogs / Condiments
LadyR861 1 0 tuna salad
ks4 6 4 bean salad
Jessica O. 2 0 taco dip or beans or buffalo chicken
Striveforhealth 2 0 ???
petite 4 2 bottle water
Christine K. 3 0 water / juice boxes / dessert
Jayner 2 0 Paper Goods
Imparfait ? ?

Weight at time of Surgery: 278.   Lowest Weight 178.   Current weight 187.0.  Goal: 160.

wjw1000
on 6/6/08 12:35 pm - Framingham, MA

Hi.... I had RNY 12/18/07 and I would love to join the group for the event.  My husband, Jeff, and I will come and I will try to bring a tentative pre-op with me... Thanks! Wendy PS: We'll bring some burgers for the grill.

Zaudika
on 6/7/08 2:07 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
On June 6, 2008 at 7:35 PM Pacific Time, wjw1000 wrote:

Hi.... I had RNY 12/18/07 and I would love to join the group for the event.  My husband, Jeff, and I will come and I will try to bring a tentative pre-op with me... Thanks! Wendy PS: We'll bring some burgers for the grill.

That's great to hear!! ..  Glad to have you join us and I'll add you onto the list.  :)  I know Dawn the Twinsmom was planning on picking up some burgers and veggie burgers.. you two should email and coordinate a bit .. that way 1 person isn't bring the bulk of one or the other. :)  Getting so excited! .. One week away!

Weight at time of Surgery: 278.   Lowest Weight 178.   Current weight 187.0.  Goal: 160.

jayner
on 6/6/08 9:00 pm, edited 6/6/08 9:00 pm - Littleton, MA
hi, I am going to make nametags for the gathering. Please send me the information you want on each nametag. I can do three lines on each, plus your Avatar. Please use this email address: [email protected] . As an example, my husbands nametage will look like this: Jayner's Husband ROB With my Avatar towards the left. Jayne
Zaudika
on 6/7/08 2:09 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
On June 7, 2008 at 4:00 AM Pacific Time, jayner wrote:
hi, I am going to make nametags for the gathering. Please send me the information you want on each nametag. I can do three lines on each, plus your Avatar. Please use this email address: [email protected] . As an example, my husbands nametage will look like this: Jayner's Husband ROB With my Avatar towards the left. Jayne
I'll definitely send you some info on all the peeps I can!! ..  Everyone might also want to put (postop / preop / friend / etc) for others to know...  just a thought.   A suggestion Jayne .. you might want to email people individually?  Not everyone seems to be finding the threads .. but you might get a ton of responses without doing that.  :)

Jessica O.
on 6/9/08 4:13 am - Grafton, MA
Hello!  I just wanted to post to let you know that my husband and I will not be able to attend the get together on the 14th!  Unfortunately, something has come up with the family!  I hope everyone has a blast!  Thanks!
Zaudika
on 6/10/08 1:59 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL
Time for another update!! .. We've had a few cancellations (thank you everyone who emailed me) .. but as of now the weather is looking excellent for Saturday and we're still on for the Get Together!! ..  Biggest Update:  We're no longer renting the Pavilion -- we will be getting a few picnic benches and setting up that way.   Look for the balloons!!! .. The picnic tables will be near the beach area and easy to find.   :) Here's the most recent list:
UserName Peeps Kids Food
Zaudika 2 0 Buns for the meat
Angela H 5 3 ????????
notCasey 2 0 Hot Dogs / Condiments
LadyR861 1 0 tuna salad
ks4 6 4 bean salad
Striveforhealth 2 0 ???????
petite 4 2 bottle water
Jayner 2 0 Paper Goods
wjw1000 2 0 Burgers
Imparfait ? ?  

ks4
on 6/11/08 12:22 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hello!  I just was wondering if anyone has directions to this location?   Thanks.

Zaudika
on 6/11/08 10:28 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
Hi KS4! .. :)   This is what I've found so far:

Park Directions Rutland State Park is located in mid-central Massachusetts. From east or west: Rte. 2 to Rte. 31 south, Rte. 122 north, right on 122A, follow signs. From Worcester: Rte. 122 west, right on 122A, first left.

I'll see if I can find some more detailed directions from different areas.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views