How Many Diets Have I Been on????

sandra267
on 6/2/08 1:01 pm - hyde park, MA
I am currently filling out the paperwork for Brigham and womens.  One of the section asks about diets.  Check the diet and put dates.  I don't understand why dates are needed.  I have been on so many programs that I can barley remember them, let alone the date I did them.  I have been on weigh****cher at least 6 times. This section just seems like a waste of my time.  Sorry for venting, but I feel better now.
foobear
on 6/2/08 1:44 pm - Medford, MA
I know what you mean.  I was really wracking my brain trying to remember all the "official" weight loss programs I'd participated in, let alone exactly when! B&W probably doesn't care so much about the dates as much as the insurance company does.  Most insurance plans require a track record of previous weight loss attempts, and the info you provide on the paperwork will be submitted to your insurance co. as evidence of this. /Steve
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 6/2/08 10:28 pm - 128 Belt, MA
I believe Steve is right..it is the insurance company. I believe they are looking for a history of overweight/obese for 5 years...so that the extra weight isn't just a new thing for you/your body. Go ahead and put everything down that you can think of . Ask your family to help. The more info the better for the insurance folk. Joan
sandra267
on 6/2/08 11:17 pm - hyde park, MA

Thanks, I didn't think about it like that.  It makes sense now.

AwesomeForever
on 6/3/08 7:29 am - Marlborough, MA
I just guessed at the dates. I remembered being at WW when my eldest was 16 months old. I remembered getting my WW booklet looked at when I had two kids in school. They are 35 and 33 now! I just tried to put what I could and guess at the weight, the weight loss, and the regain. I know that I was approved right away. I was told it was because I had Federal Blue Cross. Linda
sandra267
on 6/8/08 12:57 pm - hyde park, MA
I pretty much guessed  too.  At the info session they mention my insurance was pretty easy for approval too.  I also have a bmi of 40 and high blood pressure so, I am not too worried on that front.  I just wanted to have it done before I return to school in september.  After reading all the post I am sure that is unrealistic.
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/08 2:20 am - east falmouth, MA
HI  I have been through the Brigham and Womens pre op and it's nothing to worry about.  I was very up on getting history and all that and it's just a paperwork thing for stats and insurance.  I think Brigham gets most of their patients approved  ultimately and that past attempts are asked about just to prove willingness or something by the insurance company. I fudged dates, the nutritionist checked them off, the psychiatrist checked them off and so on...Nothing to worry about really.       Yes it is a waste of time so say something to fill in the blanks but don't stress it.     I was told about the hard insurance companies ( Cigna and tufts apparently) and the easier ones...BCBS...at the pre op information session .      I think the Brigham is great...Once I found my way all the people are so skilled and nice...and when I got the bloodwork that was the most painless"vampire" i have ever submitted to!!!!  I feel like I will be in really good hands...Suspect you will too.      My surgery will be with Dr vernon on November 12th...unfortunateluy I have to wait til then...but mostly because I have to make a living this summer....I was bummed on the delay but am over it at last...It will all be ok..     So take care and don't sweat worrying too much about insurance stuff...I think it is getting easier...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views