I feel good .......I knew that I would now

CarolWannabe
on 5/28/08 12:08 am - Pepperell, MA
So - I got on the scale this morning and I am down 76 lbs since surgery (a little over 5 months out) but a total of 100 lbs. since I started this "road trip".  I cannot believe the amount of energy I have.  This past Holiday weekend I worked out in the yard on Saturday from 10 am til 7 pm.  I dug up flowers and re-planted.  I planted new bushes and hostas all over - on my hands and knees !!!!  I even cut the grass and never broke a sweat.  On Sunday, I finished my spring cleaning of the last 3 rooms by washing windows (inside and out), washing walls, woodword and floors, dusting, vacuuming, etc. and then hanging fresh curtains.  I decided Monday would be "my day of rest" but that didn't last long.  I went to the Cemetery (to my Dad's grave) and I ended up raking, weeding, etc.  Then food shopping and home.  After dinner - took everything off the deck and washed the deck all down with a special cleaner so that I can start staining it sometime this week.  I am sorry to be so long in this post but I just cannot believe my capabilities with only the 100 lb weight loss !!!!   I did have a real rough first few months but since I have started to feel better, I cannot get over the "new energized me" !!!   It really is the small things that mean the most.  I never thought I'd be happy about gardening and housework.  Anyone else have some "small things" that have made them happy ? Carol
DCGirl26
on 5/29/08 2:42 am - London, UK
That is awesome. I'm only a month out but I love when someone at work (who doesn't know I had surgery) says.."you look nice, have you done something different". I giggle to myself and think "if you only knew!" I am looking forward to being where you are now
CarolWannabe
on 5/29/08 4:15 am - Pepperell, MA

Sounds like you are right on track !  I read your profile and love how positive you sound.  It must be that Portuguese blood in both of us that keeps us so determined. I only wish I had had access to this years ago when I was your age and didn't wait til I was in my mid 40's to do it.  But that's okay, I am going to make up for lost time !!! Carol

Girl ..
on 5/29/08 1:16 pm - MA
Whoo Hoo Carol!  You are amazing!  I am glad to hear that everything is settling and you are doing so well.  It does feel like forever in the beginning doesn't it?  Then 3 months out or so it just seems as though everything starts melting off and you become the energizer bunny! Good for you!

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

CarolWannabe
on 5/29/08 9:54 pm - Pepperell, MA
Thanks Julie !   As we know, I did struggle at the beginning and I am finally reaching that "I'm happy that I did this" place.  I do not have any problems eating any kind of food but I am still cautious as to what and how much I eat.  Your progress has been great !  I cannot believe the difference in the Julie that I met last fall to your recent pics.  You look amazing - one hot Mom and soon to be GrandMom !  
ks4
on 5/29/08 11:56 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Carol, I'm so glad you're feeling better.  I agree with the new energy (except for the other day).  It's a wonderful thing!

CarolWannabe
on 6/1/08 10:20 pm - Pepperell, MA
Thanks Kendra - I just never thought I would be at this point.  It finally is nice to say "I feel good" !.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views