bra's, panties and changes

Girl ..
on 5/26/08 11:24 am - MA
Ok, anyone who knows me knows I really do not love to shop for clothes.  Maybe it's an after effect of being obese and having difficulty buying clothes.  Maybe it's because my body changes so fast I cannot stand the money I have to dish out for a one month outfit. At any rate, shopping is a chore for me.   I have been spending countless hours trying on bra's and settling for the best fit for the next month.  Never do they fit correctly and never do I look great.   Today I stopped by Lady Grace in Tyngsboro.  I walked in, said, "hello, I lost over a hundred pounds and have no idea what my true bra size is, help me please!" A lovely and discreet woman named Buppha whisked me into a stall, wrapped a measuring tape around me twice, ran out and came back with the most comfortable, perfectly sized Bali bra.  I swear, all in less than 5 minutes.  I asked for different colors, she had all but one, which she ordered and is shipping to my home free of charge.  The bra's were on sale and cost 21.00 each!  I was in an out of there in less than ten minutes.  I love that woman! So, anyone feeling fed up with the search for great support, in the right size, at a reasonable price - Go ask for Buppha!  I know I will be seeing her again!  Call ahead, she doesn't work everyday! My sisters are thanking her!   Have a great week! Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

CareNH
on 5/26/08 9:25 pm - Derry, NH
What a great story!  I had a similar experience after losing about 60 lbs, I just could not stand the girls hanging and the constant adjusting of my uncomfortable bras .... I hit my old familiar Lane Bryant and was intorduced to the Balconette Bra.- although I have now lost over 100 lbs- (the girls are still rather large)- but sagging even more!  The bras still fit and keep the girls  in the right place. I can't wait for the day I can buy a regular bra at a regular store- It might take a reduction to get there- but someday......:) Now if only someone could help me figure out what size underwear I need! My husband laughs because the ones I have are sagging so much. I am all confused by the sizes and too cheap to buy more in the wrong size. I'll take these problems any day over life before WLS! Carolyn

Highest Weight- 306, BMI: 43.9
Current Weight- 168, BMI: 24.1
Goal Weight- 165,  BMI:  23.6

Girl ..
on 5/29/08 1:14 pm - MA
Hey care! I have saggy bottoms too!  I think I need to go down a pant size in slacks and underwear.  I feel too cheap to bother, I always figure on no one seeing my panties!  I better be driving carefully!

joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 5/26/08 11:40 pm - 128 Belt, MA
i Have been going to Lady Grade for years.  Even when the sizes over the years have changed up and down, I always leave with a comfortable and supportive bra. One warning...when you buy 2 bras.. make sure they both are the same physical size. Take them out of the packaging and measure them to each other. I cannot tell you how many times (at least 10 times) I will get one bra in the store and the other mailed home. The one mailed home measures differently...by either an inch to 4 inches different.  I then need to make a road trip to return and exchange. They are always kind about it..but it happens way too much hence my advance warning to you!@ Joan
Girl ..
on 5/29/08 1:13 pm - MA
Thanks for the warning Joan.  They are mailing one, I will check it once it comes in.  The girls at work noticed that I looked "lifted".  It feels nice to have a bra that fits without being uncomfortable!

bigbill415
on 5/29/08 7:00 pm, edited 5/29/08 7:00 pm - Andover, MA
I've never worn a bra in my life...ok, there was that drunken frat party in '82 but that's a different story.  I just had to share a funny story that happened to me the other day.  I was shopping in a store -- can't remember which one -- and over the PA comes an ad that went something like this... 8 out of 10 women are wearing a bra that doesn't fit properly... Just as this in store ad started I was walking past a lady at a rack of clothes.  As soon as the above phrase was heard she blurts out, "tell me about it, I feel like I'm either in a straight jacket or swinging in the breeze". She didn't see me before she said that line, but she saw me afterwards because it hit me so funny at the time I burst into laughter and tears.  She turned a few shades of red, but eventually started to laugh herself. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

-Bill
                356/324/216/195
Highest/Day of Surgery/Current/Goal

Girl ..
on 5/31/08 12:17 am - MA
That is too funny Bill.  I bet she died when she saw you! I think I can speak for all the ladies here when we say we want the frat party pictures posted asap! Sounds like you are doing very well since your surgery.  I just read the post regarding how quickly you were called for a surgery date.  Your head must have been spinning.   Take care, Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views