Brighams meeting/same as Faulkner?

sandra267
on 5/25/08 12:18 am - hyde park, MA
Just wanted everyone to know that their is a meeting a brighams for a lapband people on the 27.   I am interested in going to faulkner.  I did not see any meetings listed at faulkner.  If I attend this meeting does it applie to faulkner?   
nicunicu2002
on 5/25/08 1:06 am - Sharon, MA
I think it depends on your physician group...i know Dr. Lutz's group does not care which one you go to, but I would make sure and check with your physician group....
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 5/25/08 7:56 am - 128 Belt, MA

from my understanding..you can pritty much go to any support group at any hospital.   They don't seem to collect $$ at the door.  If I used a different hospital I just wouldn't flaunt it. Many people have surgery in Boston but live quite a distance and use their local hospitals for support.  Joan

Discovery02466
on 5/25/08 11:06 am - Newton, MA
I go to meetings at Faulkner, but I go for RNY...I don't think they care who goes where, but if you need "proof" of attendance, you need to make sure you check in with the moderator of the group...I enjoy the meetings there...everyone in my group is great!

~Jenn

sandra267
on 5/26/08 6:47 am, edited 5/26/08 6:48 am - hyde park, MA
Thanks everyone,  I did not see any meeting for lap at faulkner.  I am not sure if I can go to BWH.  I have pilgrims and don't know if it is in the network.  I know faulkner is so BWH should be in network. Bwh has a better rating than faulkner.  Thanks again for the replies.
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/08 8:30 am - east falmouth, MA
I am a dr vernon patient and I think the two are pretty much in the process of combining their bariatric services...Dr Lautz and dr vernon both work at both and the info package I got was about both hospitals.  I don't know why you perfer Faulkner over Brigham...  Brigham is a center of excellence I know so most likely Pilgrim works with them too.   I think very highly of the quality of care at Brigham...The info session was really good and all the other things and people have been outstanding...I have done all the usual pre op testing but they found some other issues so I have to wait for the surgery...     When you go to the info session just ask...They are real good with every question... good luck
sandra267
on 5/27/08 2:08 am - hyde park, MA
On May 26, 2008 at 3:30 PM Pacific Time, suzle wrote:
I am a dr vernon patient and I think the two are pretty much in the process of combining their bariatric services...Dr Lautz and dr vernon both work at both and the info package I got was about both hospitals.  I don't know why you perfer Faulkner over Brigham...  Brigham is a center of excellence I know so most likely Pilgrim works with them too.   I think very highly of the quality of care at Brigham...The info session was really good and all the other things and people have been outstanding...I have done all the usual pre op testing but they found some other issues so I have to wait for the surgery...     When you go to the info session just ask...They are real good with every question... good luck
Thanks,  It is not really that I prefer Faukner, it is just more convenient to home and work.  Depending on the time, jamaica parkway can be a nightmare.  I will see what is up when I go to the information session tonight.  Thanks for all your help.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 5/26/08 11:42 pm - 128 Belt, MA
I can't say anything about Faulkner because I haven't been there, but I do know Doc Lautz and Doc Vernon also surgery there.  If you are a self pay, Faulkner rates would be less expensive due to Brigham is a big teaching hospital. Joan
sandra267
on 5/27/08 2:11 am - hyde park, MA
sandra267
on 5/27/08 2:13 am - hyde park, MA
On May 27, 2008 at 6:42 AM Pacific Time, joan-the incredible shrinking wrote:
I can't say anything about Faulkner because I haven't been there, but I do know Doc Lautz and Doc Vernon also surgery there.  If you are a self pay, Faulkner rates would be less expensive due to Brigham is a big teaching hospital. Joan
I am now leaning toward Brighams.  I have insurance.  When I called pilgrims they said if it was medically necessary than I am covered.  I have high blood pressure and a BMI of 40 so I don't think it will be a problem.  Thanks for your help. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views