Aetna

SardonicMike
on 5/21/08 10:10 pm
Hello... I've had my surgery date of 5/28 for about 5 weeks now, and on 5/20 I found out that because my previous two years weight history wasn't over 40 BMI, I am most likely not going to be approved by my insurance.  I am crushed.  Has anyone had a similar problem, and what did you do? Thanks so much!! --Mike
txbunny930
on 5/22/08 4:32 am - MA
If you have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, hypertension during that time you should still be covered.  Don't panic yet until you know all of what criterias you are meeting.  A BMI of 35 plus with comob. would put you in the category for approval. Good luck.  Remember FIGHT, I did after 2 denials and finally won.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

jereyes
on 5/24/08 7:53 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I had Aetna at the time of my surgery.  The surgeon's office said Aetna was one of the most difficult insurances to get approved for WLS.  My surgeon had me do more than what was required by the insurance company so I would not be denied.  I was approved on the first try.  Don't give up.  If you are denied, follow up with appeal process.  If you have co morbidities and a BMI over 35 you should be fine.  Good Luck and don't give up.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views