Holy Crap I did it!

honeymoo
on 5/19/08 7:43 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
I walked 39.3 miles this past weekend in The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and I feel amazing!  No blisters, not even really sore at all.  This had double meaning for me because #1 I am a Breast Cancer survivor ( I just finished radiation 2 months ago) and of course because an additional 155 pds ago I never would have been able to do it.   To say it was an amazing event is an understatement.  It was a weekend filled with tears, smiles, laughter, fun and inspiration.  I can't wait to do it all again next year.  I put a few pics in my profile, I will add more soon. Thanks for all of your support Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Discovery02466
on 5/19/08 9:07 am - Newton, MA
That's wonderful Gwen!  What a way to celebrate YOU and all that you've accomplished!

~Jenn

honeymoo
on 5/19/08 11:29 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thanks Jenn

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Sue M.
on 5/19/08 11:43 pm - Nantucket, MA

Congrats on an amazing job!  Anyone in any physical condition should be proud to even attempt such an endeavor

I walked/attempted the breast cancer 3-day, twice, at 250lbs, and I can't wait to see how less painful it will be at 150!!!!

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
honeymoo
on 5/20/08 10:23 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thank you, I thought about doing the 3 day one at first but just the thought of 3 day, 60 miles in Boston in August made me sweat! lol  Although after doing this one it makes me want to attempt it.  It's amazing to see all the people of all shapes and sizes out there, I know how I felt an additional 155 pds ago and I can honestly say I never would have made it. Thanks again

ks4
on 5/20/08 3:20 am - Fitchburg, MA
Congratulations Gwen!!!!  That is an amazing feat!!!   My neighbor attempted it for the first time.  She walked the first day, but couldn't even move to walk the second day and was sent home.  I still think it is great. I walk at MWCC for the relay for life every year.  My husband has two aunts that have passed and we sign up every year to walk for the Night Owls.  (His Uncle does this group).  It is an amazing experience. I think you are a very strong person Gwen.  You have been through so much yourself but continue to be such a supportive person to everyone else around.  You are an inspiration. 

honeymoo
on 5/20/08 10:30 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thanks Kendra They really sent her home?  I didn't know they did that but then again it was my first walk. Good for her for even attempting it. There are so many important walks, I would love to participate in so many more but the fundraising kills you.  I am doing a local walk here next month (only 5 miles).  It's a fund for all cancer patients on the island to help w/ travel expenses.  It helped me tremendously, it covered about 1/2 of my travel expenses for my radiation and I just heard the amount per person was decreased because so many people have recently been diagnosed.   How are you doing?  I know you have had a lot on your plate lately I am so sorry I haven't gotten back to you, it's been crazy around here.  But do know that I have been thinking of you. Thanks again for all of your support

ks4
on 5/20/08 11:24 am - Fitchburg, MA
You are very welcome!   So yea, they sent her home because she was in no condition to walk.  She would have injured herself even more so if she did.  I guess her feet are a mess now, but she's still glad she at least walked the first day.  That itself is an accomplishment. I love participating in the walk up at MWCC.  It makes me feel like I'm doing something very important and helping out in some way. I'm doing well.  My life is getting better.  Not as hectic since my husband's schedule is back to normal (well at least as normal as it can be).  Tomorrow I got to NWH for my 9 month follow-up.  I have to bring a slew of kids with me, but at least I can leave my own home with my husband.  Also, knock on wood, I haven't been sick!  Yay!! I'm glad you're doing well.  Take Care...

Cher B.
on 5/20/08 4:25 am - MA
Wow Gwen..what an incredible accomplishment.  Congrats...you rock!!!
honeymoo
on 5/20/08 10:31 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thanks Cher!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views