Out of network approval for DS from BCBSMA PPO

Stefanie S.
on 5/15/08 2:05 am, edited 5/15/08 2:59 am - Brighton, MA
As it doesn't appear that there are any bariatric surgeons in Massachusetts that perform the DS, I'm forced to look at surgeons in other states.  Has anyone with BSBCMA PPO gotten approval for DS for an out of network surgeon?
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 5/15/08 10:47 am - 128 Belt, MA
All BC plans are different...call the number on your card and they can tell you. THey will give you a reference number to denote the call.  Good luck.
Stefanie S.
on 5/16/08 2:02 am - Brighton, MA
Hi Joan.  I appreciate the reply, but it really doesn't address the question I asked.  I want to hear from people who have made it happen because I have specific questions I wanted to ask.
foobear
on 5/18/08 1:44 pm - Medford, MA
Given the small volume of posts here on the MA board, you might imagine that no one in MA gets ANY sort of WLS, let alone DS! You've probably thought of this already, but I'll bet you'll have better luck asking about this on the DS board.  It's a shame that DS isn't widely available in the NE. /Steve
It_is_SO_happening
on 5/19/08 5:05 am - MA
hey there.. we have the SAME exact insurance... its actually one of the BEST new england and COrporate Companies can offer BUT they do NOT cover the DS... you WILL have to put up a fight and if you firmly believe in the DS surgery than gather your research and fight fight fight and hopefully somewhere along the lines someone will help you to try to get it approved. I know there are many on the DS board who can help you with facts etc... to submit to insurance companies... I would go for it if i were you!  RNY  was for me.. i just knew it when i researched and if i felt that way abou tthe DS i would NEVER allow my insurance company to tell me no!! good luck with it :)
I WILL remain POSITIVE and  by such thought---it SHALL be!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views