Insurance

carol g
on 5/13/08 9:05 pm - fitchburg, MA
Hi everyone'I was looking for some advice from all my new weightloss friends

I am newly divorced and my ex just remarried this weekend which means I am off his insurance in 30 days

I need to get insurnace and my work does offer it
I  just do not know what plan to choose

I have alreadfy had the surgery thank God  but I will need follow ups  and possible skin removal

I live in Mass. Is anyone familiar  with Health care in Mass

I can choose  BC/BS  , aetna, harvard Pilgrim a few others can;t remember the names

You input is greatly appreciated
CarolWannabe
on 5/14/08 12:45 am - Pepperell, MA

Carol  -  I have a PPO with BC/BS and have never had any problems.  I have not had plastics so I'm not sure how they handle that end of it.  I have never seen a bill or been denied any claims.

Good Luck 

Carol

ks4
on 5/14/08 3:48 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Carol, I'm in the 'burg too.  We have BC/BS and MassHealth.  Never had any issues for coverage on anything.

antonietta23
on 5/14/08 10:50 am - Holbrook, MA
My husband started a new job so  i had to get different insurance carrier I actually asked my doctor and that is how I chose. I was on bc/bs and now I am going on Harvard pilgrim.  Good Luck
sandra267
on 5/25/08 12:25 am, edited 5/25/08 12:26 am - hyde park, MA
My doctor told me that he has never had anyone whom he referred for surgery (lap band ) that was denied with pilgrim.  He did say if I had tufts than I would be in a difficult position.
suesrn3
on 6/8/08 2:10 am - Fall River, MA
I am so glad to hear this as I have just switched to Harvard Pilgrim and was starting to get worried about switching. Hoping to have surgery ASAP
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views