Tomorrow's My Day!!!!!

jayner
on 5/12/08 6:57 pm - Littleton, MA
I've been pretty excited all along - until today. Here I am at 4:40 a.m. I'm kind of jittery, I can't sleep, I really wish I hadn't spent time reading on the Memorials page a couple of days ago... Yesterday was my last day at work. I'm working from home today. Lots to do for several projects. That's probably really good to keep my mind off of tomorrow. I sent an email to my group, telling them that I was going to be out for a month and why ( these are mostly guy engineers). I got lots of very supportive replies. On Sunday I roasted a chicken for my husband. His favorite food is roasted anything with gravy. I bought a very large chicken so I could make lots of chicken and black bean enchiladas for the freezer for him. Last night we went to Kimball's and had an ice cream. I had a kiddie cup - but at Kimball's even those are big. It will be nice remembering that my last real food was ice cream. I think I'm calming down a bit writing this. I have been so excited all along. I'm doing this for the right reason - my health. This forum and this web site have been so helpful to me. Thanks so much. Jayne
Cher B.
on 5/12/08 10:42 pm - MA
Hey Jayne,   Congrats...your date is almost here.  Best wishes for a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery.  Give us an update when you get back home. ~Cher
brandileeha
on 5/13/08 3:35 am - Revere, MA
Congrats!!! I am so excited for you. Please let us know how things go. Brandi :)
ks4
on 5/13/08 4:11 am - Fitchburg, MA
ALRIGHT!!!    You're going to do great!!!  Best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.   Walk, walk, walk...sip, sip, sip... Get plenty of rest!

Discovery02466
on 5/13/08 10:55 am - Newton, MA
Scooching over to make room for you on the loser's bench!

~Jenn

CarolWannabe
on 5/13/08 11:03 am - Pepperell, MA
Jayne - Best of Luck with everything.  You will be home before you know it and it will just be the beginning of great things !!!!  Let us know how you are doing. Carol
Girl ..
on 5/14/08 10:02 am - MA
Best wishes on a speedy recovery Jayne!  Look forward to hearing fromy ou in a few days...

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

jayner
on 5/16/08 8:18 am - Littleton, MA
I'm at home!!!! My surgery was uneventful. Hospital broth is so awful, you can't really tell what flavor it is. Beef is brown gross, chicken is yellow gross! I knwe that I had about thirty packages of homemade broth at home in my freezer - I wanted my husband to sneak them it. My room was adjacent to the nurses' station. The first night it sounded like the nurses were pre-teen girls having a pajama party! The next morning my husband brought my pillow - it was the best thing to see. He stayed with me most of the day. He brought a Games magazine. We did some puzzles together. I tried to read and watch TV - neither one really interested me. The second night I got up at 4 and walked the hall for 45 minutes. Even with my own pillow I did not sleep well, when I got home, I took a five hour nap!!! I'm really not having much pain. Just some below my waist when I take in a sharp breath. I am already off my diabetes and high blood pressure medicines!!! Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. Those prayers didn't hurteither. Jayne
Girl ..
on 5/16/08 11:04 pm - MA

Welcome home Jayne! Oh yea, that broth was the pits!   You sound ike you are doing really well...I am very happy to hear that you are off your meds.  I have not taken any diabetes or cholesterol meds since the surgery...so hang in there.  I also stopped my asthma med about 3 months ago and can actually run for 5 minutes now with no inhaler...this is a miracle for me... Keep your chin up and stay with it...I recall the first month being kind of stressful, but not painful.  Your husband sounds like a peach!

Keep on walking whenever you can. Take care, JUlie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/08 12:35 am - east falmouth, MA
Great to hear your are through that and doing fine!   Enjoy this beautiful day since it is truly the first day of the rest of your life!!!!   Your beautiful smile on your picture shows your loving and good spirit and I am sure you will do wonderfully.  Take good care of yourself and be well...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views