BC/BS MA and Plastics... Coverage?

It Is What It Is!!!
on 5/12/08 12:48 am - Boston, MA
Hi All, Does anyone know if BC/BS MA cover any plastics?  I know there are other states where they do so I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them....
I Won't Complain!  I've had good days, I've had bad days.  All of my good days out weigh my bad days, I WON'T COMPLAIN.....  Kimberleece    
jereyes
on 5/12/08 6:32 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I was denied twice for a TT.  It could have been covered if I had documented rashes and things.  You have to have lost 100 pounbds and be at a stable weight for at least 6 months.  You can go on their website and find what their guidlines are.  Good Luck!  I ended up paying for a LBL out of my own pocket.
It Is What It Is!!!
on 5/12/08 11:04 pm - Boston, MA
Thanks for the information.  If you don't mind me asking (and if you do, I understand) about how much is that?  I just had a BL/BA and had to pay out of pocket as expected, but I do believe that my next step is a much needed LBL.  I haven't lost 100 pounds as of yet and I am two years out, but it is my goal to lose another 30 pounds at that point, I will be at my goal weight. Thanks again.... Kim
I Won't Complain!  I've had good days, I've had bad days.  All of my good days out weigh my bad days, I WON'T COMPLAIN.....  Kimberleece    
jereyes
on 5/14/08 5:48 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Kim I paid $7,500 for my LBL whi*****luded all fees including  surgeon, OR and ansthesia fees.  My 2 nights at the hospital were covered because I also had a hernia repair.  Good luck on your weight loss and the next step of your journey. Janet
Meridith H.
on 5/13/08 4:31 am - Southbridge, MA
If you go to their website in the search bar put in 068 and scroll down to page 17 it is there :) Meri
suzanne777123
on 5/14/08 11:08 am - Bristol, RI
I have BC/BS of MA (PPO) and they covered the abdominal work.  I've heard it depends on the plan and that PPOs are more lenient than HMO versions.  It certainly can't hurt to try ! Good luck, Suzanne
06/14/06:    Laproscopic RNY.  Down 215 Lbs.    

11/19/07:    Lower Body Lift with auto-augmentation on buttock lift, Breast lift with Auto-Augmentation, extended brachioplasty with Axilla repair.

02/25/08:    Vertical Thigh Lift, Lower Face Lift, Fat Grafting.
It_is_SO_happening
on 5/19/08 5:08 am - MA
SUZANNE!!! OMG you just gave me so much HOPE!!!! omg... I WOULD love to talk to you in regards to your PS and insurance if you can? Please PM and I can discuss!!!
I WILL remain POSITIVE and  by such thought---it SHALL be!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views