Hi All

wicked aries
on 5/8/08 9:22 am - MA
I am expecting to get my surgery date within the next month and want to stock up on what I will need post op. Can anyone give me some ideas? Thanks!
IncredibleFeeling
on 5/8/08 11:26 pm - MA
What surgery are you having?
220/156/130
Dawn the Twinsmom
on 5/9/08 3:20 am - Worcester, MA

It appears that you are seeing Dr. Kelly at UMass. Here is what I needed at home post-op. (I had Dr. Czerniach at Umass)

Carnation Instant Breakfast I liked the chocolate, as I made it into hot chocolate.

Broth

Cup-of-soups not the kind with noodles.

Flintstones chewables

Tums Chewables

A pill splitter  (remember, for a bit you can have nothing bigger than a Tic-Tac.)

Hope this helps.

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.

ks4
on 5/9/08 3:50 am - Fitchburg, MA

I just posted this on someone else's as well, it should help you too
I don't know about your surgeon, but my surgeon gave me a list of things to "have on hand" before I had surgery because you really don't want to be out at the stores the day you get home.

Your surgeon will be able to let you know what you should have on hand for vitimins and supplements.

Your surgeon may have some samples of protein in the office.  Unjury is a good one, but it can only be purchased online.

Dannon light and fit yogart (no fruit on the bottom) is good and I personally like Fage yogart with a teaspoon of splenda.  (It has lots of protein)

I also like the simply smart fat free milk (lots of protein) and the sugar free carnation instant breakfast.  Comes in different flavors (chocolate, strawberry & vanilla).

Your surgeon may require different things, but mine told me not to worry about getting in all my protein the first month.  My surgeon's main concern was that I stay hydrated.

If you're not a water fan, crystal lite is good and as for me..... I LOVE Arizona decaffienated sugar free green tea.  LOVE IT!!!!

Cottage cheese is another good thing to have if you're a cottage cheese fan.  I got burnt out on it for a while, but now use it all the time in recipes from Eggface.  Oh, speaking of eggs...egg beaters is good to have as well, but I think that's more for after you're first month.  I forget.

Sugar Free Jello is good to add to your hydration.  Doesn't really do anything nutrition wise though.  Sometimes a texture change is what you need.

Hope these ideas help.

Take Care!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views