Dr. Lautz consultation- what should I expect?

millamename
on 5/6/08 10:56 pm - MA

Good morning everyone!  I finally have my consultation with Dr. Lautz tommorrow and I am freaking out!  I have already gotten the suggestion to write down all my questions and that he will be very thorough and take the time with me.  I am looking to find out more about what will be going on tommorrow.  Do I get like a mini physical,?do I meet with the nutritionist? Psych? Becuase I got my blue card for Brigham and Women's- does that mean I am defintely going to have the surgery or is there still room for denial?  Sorry for firing all the questions but these are the things that have been keeping me up all hours!!  I feel like when I walk in there I am either going to crumble into emotional mess from stressing over this and lack of sleep or I am gonna be so anxious that I might run over and hug him or start humpiong his leg.  Please give me a hand in trying to prevent all of the above because none of thsoe options are very becoming of a lady.  Thanks in advance!!  Andrea

True wisdom consists of knowing that you know nothing

millamename
on 5/6/08 11:27 pm - MA
I just got a call from Eileen to confirm and she told me just to bring my questions and my blue card and then Dr. Lautz will either deem me necessary for surgery or not-  (that part is freaking me out!!) and then she will set up my surgery- (if he allows it!!) and all the rest of my appts from there.  SO i feel a little better about what will go on but my stomch is in such a knot and my shoulders are up by my ears!!  So wish me luck tommorrow and let's hope that I will be joining the ranks very soon!!

Hondurian Queen
on 5/7/08 2:16 am - BOSTON, MA
hello I can help you cause he is my doc too and I am having surgery with him on june 2 all you are going to do is meet with him before you can ask questions he will answer them all if not most for you he is very serious but so nice and makes you  feel so comfortable there is no doubt in my mind that he will take you on as a patient keep me informed and stop worrying good luck dee

millamename
on 5/7/08 10:55 am - MA
thank you so much.  I just keep catching flack from family that I should be trying all other types of things first.  Guess what family have you been paying any attention?  I have tried everything and need this tool!!  So I am just really stressed out-  I am sure I will be fine but myhead is just getting the best of me.  Good luck with your surgery in a couple of weeks  Andrea

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/08 11:17 am
First you'll meet with his Phys assistant and she will go over the surgery pre op and post op what to expect. Although he has more then one both of the PA's I've met with are awesome and go over EVERYTHING. Then you'll meet with him any questions she didnt answer he'll answer he'll look over your chart, nothing too exciting he is awesome though I was very nervious the day of my surgery the one thing I wasn't worried about was my surgeon because I know he is one of the best. Trust me you will be happy you chose him, then they will schedule your nurtition apt, and any tests you need usually esp if your out of the area they are really good about scheduling everything they can in the same day to save trips. They'll also schedule your surgery for usually 2-3 months out but don't freak out its not as long as you think. Theres no mini physical you'll need to do that with your pcp when you goto get a letter from them saying they are on board. As for the blue card you recieved that doesnt mean your approved that is so you can go to the different areas in the hospital like for bloodwork and they can look you up quickly. You won't know if you approved untill they have everything that they need and send it in to the insurance company probably in the last few weeks before surgery you'll find out. Anyway good luck like I said Dr lautz is the best you'll be very happy with him.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views