Ugh, why did I do this to myself???

holej
on 5/9/08 1:57 am - MA
Hi Lisa, So are you going with the lap band, because that is what I want.  My friend had one at Falkner Hospital and she has been very succesful with it.  She says it changed her life. I just really don't want to travel into Boston, so if Dr Kruger is good I want to have him do the  Lap Band, I really am sure I don't want the gastric bypass, tooo much, for me. Please keep min touch this is helping me a great deal.  I hope it helps you. If there is anyone else out there, that had lap band, or will be having it, I would love to hear from you. I went to a seminar at Beth Irseal in Boston and the Doctor was so nice, but the commute is not for me. Helen
ks4
on 5/9/08 3:55 am - Fitchburg, MA
Helen, You may want to take a peek over at the lap band forum. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/

holej
on 7/8/08 2:39 am - MA
Hi Lisa, I know it has been a long time since I emailed you.  I am guessing you had your surgery by now. How has everything worked out for you?  I hope you are feeling good. I am moving along but it is a long process as you well know. I am anxious to get my surgery date. Please let me know how you are doing. Helen
twinsdaddy
on 5/10/08 1:17 am - winthrop, MA
HI IM JUST WONDERING I HAVE A DATE FOR BYPASS OF 6/10 , IF YOU LIKED THE RESULTS OF THAT BETTER THAN THE LAPBAND THEN WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO DO THAT?? FRANK
lisabene
on 5/11/08 5:40 am
FRANK IVE TALED ABOUT BYPASS WITH EVERYONE IM JUST SCARED I GUESS MY PRIMARY SAID I SHOULDBE FINE WITH BAND. SHE DONT THINK I SHOULD HAVE BYPASS I WORK IN NURSING HOME WE HAD 2 PEOPLE COME WITH CONDITION FROM BYPASS. BUT YET AGAIN I KNOW SOMEONE THAT HAD IT DONE 3 MONTHS AGO AND IS DOING GREAT. SO I REALLY DINT KNOW WHAT TO DO. MY PRIMARY DECIDED IT. BUT THANKS FOR ASKING AND GOOD LUCK . DID YOU DO ALL YOUR TESTING YET? KEEP IN TOUCH        LISA
twinsdaddy
on 5/13/08 9:23 am - winthrop, MA
hi lisa , no i guesse im in the middle of my tests i had my last appointment with my sycoligiest yesterday and have a group meeting with a dietian on the 22nd on the 28th i go in for my pre op testing ?? whatever that is and then my date for surgey is june 10th    im glad to hear your doing better.  its funny how differant places and differant doctors say differant things my drs. at the mass general only talk about the bypass they never even mentioned the band , they say it has to be ajusted and why ? would i want more than 1 operation i dont know anymore but im going to do this because i cant live like this anymore im 320 and cant tie my own shoes without putting my foot on a chair and getting out of breath good luck and god bless  frank twinsdaddy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views