Ugh, why did I do this to myself???

ks4
on 5/1/08 12:20 pm - Fitchburg, MA
So we got Chinese food tonight.  I had some and it was great.  However, it tasted so good that even though I was FULL, I kept eating.   Now I hurt.  Ugh...  I wish I had it in me to make myself throw up .   Thing is while I was over eating, I even said to myself...this can't be good, you're gonna pay for this.  But no...I kept eating because of the taste. On a good note...I GOT ALL and then some of my FLUIDS in today.   Probably am going to need it after all the sodium I had in the chinese food. lol! So it's been four hours since I had all that food, and I still hurt.  Blah...stupid me.  Hopefully I won't ever do this again.

Discovery02466
on 5/2/08 2:28 am - Newton, MA
Kendra- Hope you are feeling better!  Don't beat yourself up over it...I guess sometimes we need these little incidents to remind us and get us back on track...You'll be fine!

~Jenn

ks4
on 5/2/08 3:17 am, edited 5/2/08 3:21 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Jenn, Carol & Kelly, Thanks so much for your kind words.  I am better today, although my fingers looked like stuffed sausages this morning.  Must have been the msg or sodium...retaining water.  However, the scale didn't go up, so that's good.  I'm going to make sure to get more than what I need for fluids today to hopefully flush my system out.  My husband is eating all the leftovers as I type.  It'll look better on him than on me...lol.  I am glad that it made me feel the way it did though.  It serves as a good reminder of how far I should not go.  The length of time that I felt so yucky wasn't worth it.  I'm going to try not to do that again. Thanks so much!

holej
on 5/7/08 1:47 am - MA
Hi,   I am going to a seminar at Beth Israel Deconess Hospital Thursday night May 8th regarding Lap Band Surgery.  On May 13th I am going to one at Tobey Hospital.  I am hoping to have the surgery with Dr. Kruger at Tobey Hospital, and I am doing as much research as possiable.  Has anyone had thier surgery with Dr. Kruger. I am quite anxious about this whole thing.  Is it worth it. Helen
lisabene
on 5/7/08 10:11 am
HI EVERYBODY IVE DECIDED TO HAVE LAPBAND. IM DOING WORKSHOP NOW SHOULD BE DONE WITH EVERYTHING END OF MAY. IT WAS A TUFF DECION BECAUSE I LIKE THE RESULTS OF BYPASS. WELL I HOPE THE BAND WORKS FOR ME. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP.         LISA
CarolWannabe
on 5/1/08 10:07 pm - Pepperell, MA
Kendra -Hope you are feeling much better today !  I am almost 5 months out and I have been dying for Chinese Food, but am also afraid to try it just yet.  I really have not had any trouble with any other food I have tried but I think the Chinese food may be greasy and too heavy right now.  It's killing me, but I think I may hold off a little bit longer or at least hope I can.   The people I work with do take out every Friday and the last couple weeks have been Chinese Food - the smell is awesome ! HAPPY FRIDAY ! CAROL
KellyMASS
on 5/1/08 11:19 pm - MA
I was just thinking the same thing - I made chicken on the grill and it was so good that I like you was full but said .. "oh one more bite".. well 5 minutes later there I was standing over the toilet waiting to get sick .. and I thought to myself "will I ever learn".. I'm almost 5 months out I should know my pouch by now. And have better self control! Don't beat yourself up about it - next time just know when to say when .. thats what I told myself. ~Kelly
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

lisabene
on 5/7/08 10:17 am
HI IM HAVING SURGEY WITH DR. KRUGER IN JUNE I THINK FOR LAPBAND. I HEAR FROM ALOT OF PEOPLE HE IS VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES. AND ITS ALOT OF WORK TO HAVE SURGEY YOU WILL HAVE MANY APP. AND WORKSHOPS I EVEN HAVE HOME WORK TO DO. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.              LISA
holej
on 5/7/08 9:48 pm - MA
Hi Lisa, Good luck, I'm sure all will go well.  How long does it take from when you first made up your mind, to have the surgery till the date you are having it.  I am kind of anxious now, that I have made up my mind. I want to get going on this, I have been struggling for years with my weight!!! Helen
lisabene
on 5/8/08 10:37 pm
HI HELEN I STATED THIS WHOLE THING IN MARCH. NOW ALMOST DONE. DR SAID IT SHOULD BE SOMETIME IN JUNE. DR KRUGER IS FOR THE BYPASS HE KEEPS SAYING I SHOULD GO FOR BYPASS. SO HE MIGHT TRY AND TALK YOU OUT OF IT. THATS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG TO MAKE UP MY MIND. WELL KEEP IN TOUCH   LISA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views