Well Here Goes Nothing

karisma1105
on 4/30/08 2:37 am - Lynn, MA
Good Afternoon everyone.  I'm very new to this site and wow is it a great site. I just found it based off a blog that was featured in a local newspaper. So I thought I'd come check it out and see what it's all about and honestly, it looks great. So here's me. I'm 31. 5'7 and currently about 239 lbs. When I started this weight loss journey I weighed in at 261 so I've done well on the "fluff diet" as the staff at NEMC call it. I actually really like it. I don't feel hungry. Which for me is good because usually, i'm always hungry.  I have a lot of body image issues which is one of the reasons for me going through surgery. I see myself as the "fat friend" in my group of friends. Granted they all tell me i'm pretty and whatnot but they don't see what I see ... which is that roll at the bottom of my stomach that just won't go away or all the cottage cheese in my thighs that I have to hide in jeans because i'm embarrassed to show it.  Hopefully someday i'll look great and be skinny and Healthy too.   I'm also hoping that losing weight will help me gain a boyfriend of some sort. I've been single forever and that depresses me. I think it's because i'm "fat" and guys don't like fat girls but my mother consistently reminds me that it's my negative attitude that turn people off and that's why i'll always be single. Thanks ma.  Anyways, i'm hoping to get a lot out of this site. The girl that blogged said she made a lot of friends from here and maybe I can too. It would be wonderful to have friends to be able to talk to about what i'm going through because my surgery date is 4 weeks away and frankly, i'm getting scared.  Hope you all have a great day. Thanks for reading and hopefully talk soon! Kim 
sunnymoonx
on 4/30/08 4:26 am - cape cod, MA
HI Kim and welcome! Congrats on your journey. It's a crazy ride! Highs, Lows, ups and downs. But in the end, it's so worth it. I too, have met a lot of great people on OH. A few I've met in person and others I continue to  be friends with online. It's a really great place for support and information.  Feel free to take a look at my blog where you can read about my journey. and There are links on it to many other great blogs where you can read more. Good Luck!

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Jessica O.
on 4/30/08 6:06 am - Grafton, MA

Hi Kim,  Welcome to OH.  It is definitely a great place to make friends, research, ask questions.  You must be getting so excited that your surgery date is nearing closer.  I know that I was.  I am currently 5 weeks post-op.  Our stats are just about the same.  I am 5'1''.  My heaviest weight was 260.  I was 240 when I started my process, and 235 the day of surgery.  Just so you are aware, there is also another great forum on here titled WLS Lightweights.  Everyone that posts there is wonderful and it's definitely a great place for those like us who have less than 150 pounds to lose.  Check it out!  Well, I hope you have a great day! 

ks4
on 5/1/08 3:23 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Kim! Welcome and congratulations on beginning your journey to a healthier you!  I love this site and I'm on it daily.  I'm 8 months post op and love the support I get from this site.  I've met a few people from here in person as well.  Looking forward to meeting a few more next month hopefully.

pinksweatergal
on 5/1/08 10:55 am - NH
Hi Kim, I am curious as to what the "fluff" diet is.   Can you elaborate?  Thanks. Sally
karisma1105
on 5/1/08 11:01 pm, edited 5/2/08 6:39 am - Lynn, MA
Hi.

The fluff diet is basically slim fast or carnation instant breakfast or egg beaters for breakfast, a salad, smart ones, lean cuisine or kashi for lunch and a slim fast or salad for dinner. It's actually pretty good. I only cheat a little and eat what i want but in moderation.
AwesomeForever
on 5/2/08 6:32 am - Marlborough, MA
Oh, good, Kim, it is not marshmallow fluff! I enjoyed that in the past...not now. I think this is a great sitem. I love adding to my blog here. It frequently reminds me of where I have been. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views