vitamin B12

scojo58
on 4/27/08 9:25 pm - Methuen, MA
Hello,  I had RNY in Sept 07 and  I just got my bloodwork back and I'm a little low on vitamin b12.  Has anyone else experienced this?  What did your Dr do? 
Lauryn
on 4/28/08 2:38 am - Abington, MA
Hi, B12 sub-lingual was on my post-op list of things to take. I have been religiously taking it every day and my levels are above normal now.  Too bad my energy level isn't as high, but I've lost 145 pounds, so I'm expecting that to come along with all the other wonderful surprises that God has blessed me with along this journey to my new life.  Any drug store or Walmart (where I get mine) will have them along with the other vitamins.  Also, make sure you take calcium citrate with vitamin D (not just plain calcium) twice per day as our bodies can't retain it as well any more. God Bless, Laurie
Sparker
on 5/2/08 10:07 pm - Canterbury, CT
Hi, Vitamin B-12 is something my doctor told me to make sure I take daily. I would forget so I started getting the B-12 shot once a month from my PCP. This way I don't forget and insurence pays for it and I am fine. Just a thought. I am surprised your doc didn't explain the importance of B-12 to you and how we need it. Good Luck, Sarah
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views