Get Together located in Central,MA (Rutland State Park) - June 14 2008

Zaudika
on 5/7/08 5:20 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
On May 6, 2008 at 11:44 AM Pacific Time, Christine K. wrote:
Hi all... It's me again... The "kid coordinator" hahaha...  I just wanted to let people know I already have some cool stuff worked out for the kids.  I have stuff to do a ring toss... and an egg/spoon race... I am also doing gift bags for all the kids!!!  It should be awesome!   Please list if your kids are coming so we get an accurate count.  I do'nt want anyone to be left out!  Thanks, Christine
Christine - you SO rock.  :)    Thanks!!

Weight at time of Surgery: 278.   Lowest Weight 178.   Current weight 187.0.  Goal: 160.

Dawn the Twinsmom
on 5/7/08 2:27 am - Worcester, MA

Rutland is a great idea. Most everyone coming will be driving right by my house to get there too, as I live 10-15 mins away.

I am planning on manning the grill, unless a hubby is available so I will get charoal too.. I can get Hamburger patties. I may also be able to pick up some dogs too, Who's bringing the condiments?? Rolls? We need plasticware and plates too.

I am bringing my 3 kids, ages 9 & the twins 4.

Dawn

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.

Zaudika
on 5/7/08 5:22 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
On May 7, 2008 at 9:27 AM Pacific Time, Dawn the Twinsmom wrote:

Rutland is a great idea. Most everyone coming will be driving right by my house to get there too, as I live 10-15 mins away.

I am planning on manning the grill, unless a hubby is available so I will get charoal too.. I can get Hamburger patties. I may also be able to pick up some dogs too, Who's bringing the condiments?? Rolls? We need plasticware and plates too.

I am bringing my 3 kids, ages 9 & the twins 4.

Dawn

Great ideas Dawn! .. I'll email some of the people who haven't replied with what they're bring yet and see if they can bring buns/condiments/etc.   Thank you for the assistance with ideas! ... I definitely need it as I knew I was forgetting something! :)

Weight at time of Surgery: 278.   Lowest Weight 178.   Current weight 187.0.  Goal: 160.

Zaudika
on 5/8/08 2:36 am - Gulf Breeze, FL

HOORAY!!!!    The site of the Get Together is official!!!!      Some additional and new information.   Christine K.  - has volunteered to organize some kids activities and she is also putting together some gift bags.   If you're bring your kiddos, she's requested the ages so she can prepare well.  Please email / message her with the information.  DawnTheTwinsmom - has volunteered to manage the grill (with husband). Jayner - has volunteered to help with an adult activity in regards to GPS and finding fun stuff!  ***THANK YOU HUGE to the volunteers that have come forward and still are***  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Site Information: I will be at the sight around 11am to start setup.   The official start time will be 12noon. The Location:   Rutland State Park -- Rte. 112A, Rutland  -- In the large covered Pavilion.  (RESERVED) Directions: Park Directions Rutland State Park is located in mid-central Massachusetts. From east or west: Rte. 2 to Rte. 31 south, Rte. 122 north, right on 122A, follow signs. From Worcester: Rte. 122 west, right on 122A, first left. Once entering the park - follow the road around (1 Way) - the Pavilion will be on your Left. Important information: No alcohol is allowed on the premises.  If you're bring your dog/pup - they need to be on a leash at all times. Fees: I'll be covering the location fee of $50.   There is a $5 all-day parking fee for each car. There is a large ball field that we can use for volleyball, softball, kid activities, or whatever we want next to the Pavilion.  There is also a restroom right next to us.  Any additional questions --- Let me know!!!

Sue M.
on 5/11/08 8:24 am - Nantucket, MA

Thanks for arranging this!  i will be pre-op at the time so i will be looking forward to meeting others at all stages of the process and for my boyfriend to talk to others who have helped their partners through this. 

Let me know if hot dogs or burgers are needed (or buns).  We're bringing a salad but could contribute more or switch if it makes more sense. 

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Zaudika
on 5/12/08 10:20 am, edited 5/12/08 10:52 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
On May 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM Pacific Time, notCasey wrote:

Thanks for arranging this!  i will be pre-op at the time so i will be looking forward to meeting others at all stages of the process and for my boyfriend to talk to others who have helped their partners through this. 

Let me know if hot dogs or burgers are needed (or buns).  We're bringing a salad but could contribute more or switch if it makes more sense. 

Hey!! .. Thanks for the update and offer for help! ...  The below is what we still need or need confirmation of ..  Things we still need - or that I need confirmation on (some emails have been sent): Condiments Hot Dogs Veggie Burgers Plastic-Ware (we need enough of the above for 50 people) notCasey - I'll be in touch as I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people on the above.   I'll keep your name in mind for being able to fill in a space!!!  Thank you again!

M M
on 5/15/08 5:32 am
Where's Rutland?  *off to Google Maps*
Zaudika
on 5/19/08 1:17 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL
On May 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM Pacific Time, Melting Mama wrote:
Where's Rutland?  *off to Google Maps*
A bit past Worcester .. almost in the middle of MA from the West/East and North/South.     Hope you can make it!

Zaudika
on 6/1/08 1:27 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL

A BIG bump to remind everyone that we're still on for June 14th!!!!   If anyone on the list is unable to come at this point - I *really* need to know so I know we have the essentials accounted for.    Please make sure to send me a message if you don't think you'll make it.       I'll add the updated list of things being brought by whom this week.   Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Christine K.
on 6/2/08 7:53 am - Attleboro, MA
I'll still be there with the kid stuff! I'm bringing stuff for 2 dozen kids... hopefully that will cover everyone. I don't want to be caught short but it's hard to figure out how many kids there are in total. I have some activities planned... and I'll have some prizes... !!! It should be a rocking time for the little ones!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views