Get Together located in Central,MA (Rutland State Park) - June 14 2008

Zaudika
on 5/3/08 9:51 am - Gulf Breeze, FL

**************************UPDATE****************************

Ok guys and gals – here’s where we currently stand with attendees.   I’m SO very excited!!... This is going to be an awesome group!     

The decision on the date is going to be JUNE 14th 2008.    This works for the majority of the people and as whitespots kindly pointed out – June 7th is National Trails Day -  so some State Parks (in NH at least) will be doing different projects.

The Location: (slightly tentative) is going to be RUTLAND STATE PARK – it has a swimming area, picnic area, and covered areas.   I’m still reviewing cost and such with my contacts.

I do want to say – those who can’t attend due to it being June 14th, I’m very very sorry and hopefully the next one will be on a great date for you!

What I need from you... please, pretty please. 

Ideas or volunteers to organize some kids and adult activities?  If there’s electricity does someone have a good portable stereo/cd player?

Those who didn’t write down a food – please refer to what is here and submit an idea as soon as you can so we can have an even better idea of what in all we have.  J

Attendees (everyone, please update me on anything below if possible):

Myself +1                     meat/cheese/cracker plate        

Martha M +3               unsure on Food                       

Amy W + 1                  open to anything on food          

L.B. + 1                       meat dish / bean salad                          

Julie N + ??                  unsure on Food                       

Angela H + 4                whatever is needed                  

notCasey +1                 baby spinach salad                   

Discovery02466           low-fat nacho dip                     

Ladyr861                     tuna sald

ks4 + 5                        bean salad                               

Dawn Twins + 5           pasta salad / grill                      

Jessica O + 1               taco dip or beans or buff chkn  

Pam M. + 1                  unsure on Food                       

Striveforhealth+ 1         unsure on Food                       

Whitespots?                 unsure on Food    (wasn’t sure if you’re going to make it??)

Charlie?                        Strawberry Lemonade    (could you still make it??)       

Kathy W. + 1               something from EggFace

Peramoredibacett +5    fruit  (would you be able to make the 14th??)

So far approx 32 adults and 15 kids!!  That’s awesome!!

Weight at time of Surgery: 278.   Lowest Weight 178.   Current weight 187.0.  Goal: 160.

Pam M.
on 5/5/08 10:14 am - west wareham, MA

I am sorry but I think I am going to have to bail on this get together. Rutland is over 2 hours from me. That is a bit further than I am willing to travel.  I hope you all have a blast!

Girl ..
on 5/4/08 3:46 am - MA
I have a baby shower to host for my daughter in law that day, but it's a breakfast shower and and I amhaving the hotel do most of the work and if it ends early enough I will probably haul out there.  As we get closer I'll jump in to see what you need brought up.   Sounds like fun.  I would be going alone.. Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

Zaudika
on 5/4/08 2:56 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL
On May 4, 2008 at 10:46 AM Pacific Time, Girl .. wrote:
I have a baby shower to host for my daughter in law that day, but it's a breakfast shower and and I amhaving the hotel do most of the work and if it ends early enough I will probably haul out there.  As we get closer I'll jump in to see what you need brought up.   Sounds like fun.  I would be going alone.. Julie
This sounds great Julie! :)  I'll add you onto the list.   Let me know if anything changes and what you'd like to bring has  things get closer!

Weight at time of Surgery: 278.   Lowest Weight 178.   Current weight 187.0.  Goal: 160.

CarolWannabe
on 5/5/08 5:08 am - Pepperell, MA
Hey - Does this mean you are going to be a GRANDMOTHER !!!   If so, CONGRATULATIONS ! But I still say since you are looking so thin and hot - you are much too young to be a Grannie !!!! I will look and see if I can make June 14th - if so maybe we can try to organize going together.  I know it may be difficult for you with the shower and all, but let's see what happens. Carol
Christine K.
on 5/4/08 2:46 pm - Attleboro, MA
Hi all, count me in! I live in Attleboro, MA. I actually LOVE kids and I LOVE LOVE to plan games and stuff for them so I'd be psyched to do/help with that! I've planned alot of birthday parties for kids in the area. I'll probably bring myself and maybe 2 others (my mom and best friend). We'll need beverages so I'll bring some cases of water and maybe some juice boxes for the kids. I'll also make something desserty... I'd love to know the age ranges of the kids if people could post...
Zaudika
on 5/4/08 2:59 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL
On May 4, 2008 at 9:46 PM Pacific Time, Christine K. wrote:
Hi all, count me in! I live in Attleboro, MA. I actually LOVE kids and I LOVE LOVE to plan games and stuff for them so I'd be psyched to do/help with that! I've planned alot of birthday parties for kids in the area. I'll probably bring myself and maybe 2 others (my mom and best friend). We'll need beverages so I'll bring some cases of water and maybe some juice boxes for the kids. I'll also make something desserty... I'd love to know the age ranges of the kids if people could post...

Hooray!!!!!!!   I'm so going to be talking to you tons as we get closer.. hehe.. :)   I would *love* to have your help in planning kids activities..  I'm hugely relieved as I'm not so great with that.  :)   Some info on the kids... right now we have approx 15 kids .. give or take.    From the ages I've seen, most are between 5 and 9.     Some are younger 2 and 3, but I'm guessing they'll mostly be hanging out by the parents side.  :)

Some drinks sound great! .. One other person (posted on RNY board) is bring bottled water as well, so I was hoping someone else would offer to bring some too.   :) 

I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!!

jayner
on 5/5/08 9:41 pm - Littleton, MA
So,  I hear you're having a party in Rutland to celebrate my one month RNY anniversary!!!!! How could I possibly decline!!!! Actually I would love to go and put faces (not just avatars) with the names. We will be in the middle of a major kitchen renovation, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to bring. I guess you should put me down for paper goods. Up to two years ago I was an active geocacher. It is a hobby/sport where someone hides items (usually in tupperware), often in the woods. Someone else uses a hand-held GPS unit and searches for the intem using the provided coordinates. It can be a solo or family activity. There are eight of these "caches" hidden at Rutland State Park. If anyone is interested in geocaching, I am willing to show them how it is done. Jayne
Zaudika
on 5/7/08 5:16 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
On May 6, 2008 at 4:41 AM Pacific Time, jayner wrote:
So,  I hear you're having a party in Rutland to celebrate my one month RNY anniversary!!!!! How could I possibly decline!!!! Actually I would love to go and put faces (not just avatars) with the names. We will be in the middle of a major kitchen renovation, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to bring. I guess you should put me down for paper goods. Up to two years ago I was an active geocacher. It is a hobby/sport where someone hides items (usually in tupperware), often in the woods. Someone else uses a hand-held GPS unit and searches for the intem using the provided coordinates. It can be a solo or family activity. There are eight of these "caches" hidden at Rutland State Park. If anyone is interested in geocaching, I am willing to show them how it is done. Jayne
Sounds like fun!!! I'd love to learn about the geocacher's  :)  I've never done it myself and it sounds like a super fun idea.   Paper goods would also be EXCELLENT as we don't have anyone else bringing those yet .. :)   How many people will be coming with you Jayne? :)

Christine K.
on 5/6/08 4:44 am - Attleboro, MA
Hi all... It's me again... The "kid coordinator" hahaha...  I just wanted to let people know I already have some cool stuff worked out for the kids.  I have stuff to do a ring toss... and an egg/spoon race... I am also doing gift bags for all the kids!!!  It should be awesome!   Please list if your kids are coming so we get an accurate count.  I do'nt want anyone to be left out!  Thanks, Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views