Insurance approval BCBSMA

xxkimberlyxx
on 4/25/08 3:28 am
My Dr. submitted me yesterday...anyone know how long it will take for them to come back with an answer??? I am ANXIOUS!!!!
stellalukin
on 4/25/08 3:54 am - Cambridge, MA
I've heard- and I could be wrong- but if you meet their criteria, etc., that BCBSMA is one of the best/ quickest, usually about a 48 hr turnaround.
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

xxkimberlyxx
on 4/25/08 4:56 am
Thanks Stella ...I've heard that as well but when I ask the office or the ins co they say up to 30 days...but I think they have to say that. I was hoping someone here had BCBSMA and could tell me about thier experince....
Girl ..
on 4/25/08 12:07 pm - MA
Hi Kimberly, I have BCBS.  The doctor submitted Friday midday and the approval was back to them on Monday.  I have heard that it depends on whather your coverage is from MA or another state, but I honestly know very little about insurance plan coverage.  I will tell you that they approved everything quickly and covered everything and anything I needed.   Best of luck with your surgery and recovery! Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

xxkimberlyxx
on 4/25/08 1:08 pm
Thanks Julie...we are in the same WL managment group..Dr. Shen is my Dr.  You said exactly what I wanted to hear!!!!!
Girl ..
on 4/25/08 2:41 pm - MA
You'll be making a surgery date this week I a sure.  Do you go to Lowell or Concord?  Did you go to the meeting last Tuesday?  At Emerson...I was there up front next to Leo... I remember being anxious and now it seems like so long ago...Although I didn't feel that way initially, the time really flies by!

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

xxkimberlyxx
on 4/26/08 9:32 am
I am going to Lowell General...and see  the girls in the Chelmsford office for appts.  I hope your right about being approved right away. I am 41 work full time and also go to school nights so I am taking next semester off. I want to take advantage of that time to recover...and I just want to start my new life. I am sure I am not saying anything that everyone else in this forum is feeling or has felt ... I will keep you updated though!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views