Dr. Randall

pinksweatergal
on 4/23/08 11:49 pm - NH
Does anyone know what hospital he is practicing at now?  He is one of the few surgeons who does the roux-en-Y on patients who have previously had a fundal plication which is me.    Thanks in advance. Sal
kmal1223
on 4/24/08 4:54 am
Dr. Randall was my surgeon. I had my surgery done at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford.
kmal1223
on 4/24/08 4:58 am
hi again.  There is actually a support meeting tonight and Dr. Randall will be there with his team. Its at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in the nursing school building. There is some helpful info on him on the hospital website. hallmarkhealth.org, go under bariatic surgery. hope this helps.
pinksweatergal
on 4/24/08 8:43 am - NH
Thank you so much for the information. I just called Lawrence Memorial and they paged him for me and he called right back.  He said that he felt that because I went through the whole process already with him right up to the scheduling of the surgery (July 2005-which was canceled for money reasons),  there isnt really any  information at this meeting that I dont already have.  He told me to call Monday and schedule an appointment because they are not there on Friday, the office people.  I am going to email my PCP right now to ask for a referral to see him.  I was told back in 2005 by other bariatric doctors that HE was the one to go to if you have had a fundoplication (wrap of the stomach from hernia) as it, unfortunately, makes the procedure a lot more complicated.  Thanks for your help.   I know you arent supposed to wish your life away but I sure want to be "on the other side"   Sal
jereyes
on 4/24/08 11:05 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
Dr. Randall also works at Metrowest Medical Center in Natick or Framingham depending where you live.  I personally went to Lawrence Memorial in Medford.  Good Luck!
Leila M.
on 5/17/08 2:11 am - MetroWest, MA
Dear Sal,  Dr Randall is also working out of MetroWest Medical Center in Natick., along with Dr. Yehia.  He started the Weight Management Program there last year.  I have been seeing him regulary preop RNY since November, and I have the utmost respect and confidence in him.  The reason I haven't had a surgery date yet is because of the procedure the hospital has to go through to get the Center of Excellence, which is almost complete (BCBS covers only in COE facilities).  I anticipate a date in mid June.  The Weight Management Team has been so supportive.  Monthly support groups meet on the second Thursday each month in Helm Auditorium.  Joanne the Nurse has recently set up bariatric Yoga and Aquatic classes as well.   Wherever you end up getting your RNY with Dr. Randall, I know you will be in the BEST of hands! Leila
pinksweatergal
on 5/17/08 3:01 am - NH
Thanks Leila for the information.  Are the bariatric aquatic classes at Metrowest?  I wish they had those near where i live in southern NH. Sally
Leila M.
on 5/17/08 4:49 am - MetroWest, MA
Sally, They are held at the MetroWest Medical Center's Wellness Center, just down the road from the Natick hospital.  You would need a signed order from Dr Randall to sign up.  If you are interested you can contact  [email protected] for details. There's a fee for the yoga and aquatic classes, but the support groups are free--Dr. Randall is dedicated to giving his patients every opportunity to succeed.   Good luck with your journey! Leila
pinksweatergal
on 5/17/08 4:53 am - NH
It sounds wonderful but Natick is way too far for me.  I live in Derry, NH and work full time from home but I think I will check around here to see if there is anything like that.  Thanks for the information.  Sally
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views