Ticked at Emerson

jayner
on 4/23/08 8:47 am - Littleton, MA
I usually travel every other week. I figured I should not travel this week, since it is the last support group prior to my surgery. I called the center last week and asked what the subject would be as my husband was interested in attending with me. They said it would be a recipe exchange. He declined. So I show up tonight at 6 p.m. The meetings are always held on the fourth Wednesday at 6 p.m. There is even a link from their site to Emerson's meeting calendar that states this. I parked my car and walked to the meeting room. No one was there. I figured they were meeting in another room. I went to the front desk and asked the sweet older ladies. They were clueless, but they did ask someone else behind the scenes. She said that the meeting was LAST NIGHT!!!! (I did find another reference on their site to last night's meeting, but I really had to search.) Was I ever aggrevated. I scheduled my whole week around this stupid meeting. When I called last week and asked about the meeting, did anyone say, "oh by the way, the meeting is being held on Tuesday instead of Wednesday"? On top of it all, I had to pay for parking!!!! Next week they are expecting a check for $500. They are getting a check for $496.50 - they are going to eat my parking cost. Thanks for listening. If I didn't rant, I was going to go eat somthing with a vengence!!! Jayne
CarolWannabe
on 4/23/08 9:53 pm - Pepperell, MA

Jayne - I know how you feel.  My big gripe with LGH is that I look forward to a meeting mostly due to the topic and then when you get there the person that was suppose to lead the meeting was not able to make it, they are sick, etc...... and it ends up being like an open forum for the hour.  I think they should be able to e:mail people that make their e:mail address available just for notifications of cancellations, changing date/time, topic, etc.   Good Luck with your surgery !

Carol

Girl ..
on 4/24/08 6:42 am - MA
Jayne - I am with you on this one ( I was also disappointed because I went and looked for you but never saw your face in the crowd).   Anyway, I went to the website to get the schedule because I hadn't been able to attend the last couple of meetings.  So I see the date, the 22nd!  But it states that the meetings are on Wednesdays.  So I called and asked if the meeting was Tuesday.  They casually said yes.  So I asked why because the meetings are always Wednesdays.  Again, very casually the woman on the phone said that yes, just this meeting was Tuesday.  I asked her if I should register because that is what the website tells you that you have to do.  And she told me that I could just show up.   The meeting was great, but I did feel like they were pretty casual about the date change. I would give them your parking voucher for sure! Off the subject - How are you feeling about your date?  Are you ready?  I'll look through my old emails and see if I can find some of the suggestions from people who are further out for you. Take care, Julie Hi Carol!! 

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views