Happy happy off and running....had consult!

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/08 5:31 am - east falmouth, MA
Just got back from my anxiously awaited surgeons consult....It went great...I qualify and the pa said my hmo blue insurance was a great one for quick approval!!!!! Barring complications I should be able to schedule surgery for June which is just what I was praying for....(Thanks BIG GUY)  I am soooo relieved. Now I have that starting weight charted and can get started on a better diet get a few pounds off before then.  I promised the surgeon I would be a ridiculously compliant patient.  Got to loose 10 pounds but that sounds pretty simple...Hubby is taking me out tonite for ( I wont say what Im getting to eat) a last supper then I'm jumping into this face first.... I am so happy..this time I won't gain back the weight!!!! Zippetydooda zippety day my oh my what a wonderfulday!!!   I love this forum and all you cohorts!!!!! who knew such changes were possible!!!!
rockysmom
on 4/14/08 6:09 am - Dartmouth, MA
Congratulations!  I am so happy for you!  I know you're going to do great - you have a terrific positive attitude!
KellyMASS
on 4/14/08 6:17 am - MA
Great news!.. Where did you go for your consult?
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/08 7:38 am - east falmouth, MA
Hi...Im still happy.  I am seeing Ashley Vernon at Brigham and Womens in Boston.   Have a history with Brigham and the Boston Hospitals so thought of no where else... I sort of went with my gut and think I am in good hands...( Though it does sound like there are quite a few "beloved " docs in this field around here...)   I spent the rest of the afternoon raking leaves and singing with my I pod in my ear.. I'm a happy puppy!   Thanks for the responses and love to all!  Suzle
Lori S.
on 4/14/08 9:37 pm - Assonet, MA
Awesome.....What a feeling when the waiting game is over and the train is rolling down the track!!!  Don't stop now...." I know I can... I know I can..."  CHOO CHOO........ I went to B&W's too, Dr Lautz though....met Dr Vernon she did the seminar I went to...She is super nice!!! You are in great hands.........Best of luck to you, maybe you can join our support group sometime!!!!     Choo Choo.......Lori
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/08 10:12 pm - east falmouth, MA
Hi thanks..I feel great today!   I would definately come up to your support group when I can..  I will be going down to Yarmouth on the 27th too...Would love to have some faces for names...Definately let me know when that stuff goes on...Would happily host too...I am not too far .. Falmouth...about 15 minutes from Bourne bridge.   Chugga chugga toot toot...I am going to go make a strawberry smoothie for breakfast!   Then Opod in ear, walk my 5 ( yes 5) beautiful border collies for a couple of miles...They so love me for that...And maybe if I tucker them out a little I can get some real work done today... Hoefully I will figure out how to do some pictures one of these days...I am sooo computer  NOT SAVVY...  Have a great day and LOVE!!!! Suzle  
sunnymoonx
on 4/14/08 10:34 pm - cape cod, MA
excellant news! congrats!

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Kim S.
on 4/15/08 3:57 am - North of Boston, MA
Great news!!  When I had my surgery with Dr. Vernon, BWH offered a room on a private room only floor (the 16th?) for $250/day above whatever your insurance pays.  Best money I ever spent!!!  The nurses had plenty of time to help me get the pressure cuffs on and off my legs and get me up and walking and the private chef just for that floor (NOT that I was eating LOL) had had the lapband and was happy to chat with me and on and on. I also have HMO Blue and my insurance clearance came through in about 10 days.
Kim

Down 95+ pounds and still trucking along

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/08 4:17 am - east falmouth, MA
Thanks for the response..I wish I could do the private room option but I am self employed and underbooking June so I can get the operation and time to recover.  My finances are as tight as can be right now so I will have to brave it with the rest of the world.   I have been in Beth Israel before though and think in general the staff there and at Brigham are good...At least I will believe that until otherwise convinced.   I am getting RNY with dr Vernon...Hoping to get the testing scheduled quickly and get on with the program asap... May is my DREAM date...Right after a 4 wedding weekend( Im a wedding florist..)  and no more until June 7th...Or I could do June 9th cause I kept the time open after that too.....  If I cant get it done in June I will have to wait until november which would seriously suck!  So one foot in front of the other and hoping for a no setbacks situation.... I think it can happen... Knock on wood... take care   Suzle
Kim S.
on 4/15/08 10:08 am - North of Boston, MA
Keep your fingers crossed for May.  Also, as you get closer to your date be very upfront with Dr. Vernon that you would LOVE an earlier/particular date and would be willing to start the liquid diet early and come in at the drop of a hat (if that is true).  At my 3-week preop visit I told her how I'd love an earlier date and had already started the liquid diet and she had an opening two weeks earlier (about 10 days from my pre-op appt) that had just opened up and she was happy to move my date. Good Luck,
Kim

Down 95+ pounds and still trucking along

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views