family leave act

antonietta23
on 4/10/08 6:38 am - Holbrook, MA
i was wondering how it works when you are out of work , Does the doctor give you a letter so you qualify formthe family leave act.  I read the act and I am sure they have a way to write it up as a medical leave. Any feedback would be apprieciated
jereyes
on 4/10/08 7:26 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I did not see the letter that was sent.  The surgeon's office just said they would be sending my boss a letter stating that I was having abdominal surgery.  No questions were asked.  I was given the time off that was needed without any problems.
txbunny930
on 4/14/08 10:53 pm - MA
I never got to see the letter either but it was written and used for both my Short Term Disability and FMLA.  As the insurance covers this as medical necessity, the letter is written in that regard.  Do not worry, you will have what is needed for the FMLA.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

antonietta23
on 4/14/08 11:09 pm - Holbrook, MA
Thank you for response.  I thought that is how it works.  I just want to get all my eggs in one basket, i do not need to worry about that.   I see the doctor next week for first time, I am excited, nervous, all at one time.  I am glad I have gone to two support groups because they help me.  I begin my journey and all the people I have been in contact with are above and beyond wonderful.  When you live your life as a heavy person, you meet so many negative people and I find that on this forum I am in the company of so many warm, caring and compassionate people,  Thanks to all
txbunny930
on 4/14/08 11:16 pm - MA
You'll find that the bond you'll have with some of us will be far different from any other one you will ever have.  We know and feel your pain.  While I have only been obese for 17 years, the scares are deep from people not understanding or from their own ignorance.  You have a family with us and know that we are there with you every step of the way.  I'm glad you've found us. 

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views