IT'S FALL OUT DAY !

CarolWannabe
on 4/8/08 10:08 pm - Pepperell, MA

Well... it's been falling out for a few weeks now but I think today I finally accepted the fact that "Yes - that's my hair that I keep cleaning out of the drain !"   I will be 4 mo. out tomorrow and think I have thought about this "situation" from day one  (just anal !)   I don't understand why the fat cannot fall off like the hair and then we could just pluck it from the drain and toss !!!!   Can you imagine the calls that the Plumbers would be receiving:  Hi -  It's me again - my fat is clogging the drain and I need you back here !   Happy Wednesday !  Carol

Despinasdream
on 4/9/08 12:21 am - Lakeville, MA
Hi Carol, I know right...I am not looking forward to hair loss I'm going to try everything so i won't lose to much..they say it stops around the 9 month !!! Gosh I hope I don't have bald spots.lol Hey are you taking Biotin it's suppose to help ? Make sure your taken all your Vitimins and stuff you know Protein girlfriend...Happy Hump Day...Despinasdream
sunnymoonx
on 4/9/08 1:18 am - cape cod, MA
The biotin does not help stop the hair from falling out. Biotin encourages  new hair growth. I started taking 5000mcg of biotin when i got home from the hospital - every day. My hair loss started at about 5 weeks post op and ended about 6 months.  You can get 2500 mcg biotin capsules at GNC and take 2 daily. If you can't swallow pills, they can be opened and sprinkled into whatever. If you have a GNC gold card, its cheaper. The gold card is well worth the $5 if you shop there often. I suggest starting your biotin now and get that new hair growing  and most importantly of all- PROTEIN - don't skimp. your hair(and body) needs it

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

CarolWannabe
on 4/9/08 2:14 am - Pepperell, MA
As we all know - nothing will really prevent the hair loss.  The Biotin and Protein will help with new growth.  I have been faithful with my Biotin since before surgery, the protein - that's another story !   I have very thin, baby fine hair to begin with so I'm just hoping that it's not real noticeable.  If so - there are always hats ! 
Girl ..
on 4/9/08 11:08 am - MA
Hi Carol, Same happened to me and not a single person noticed - except me!!I also take Biotin daily and when the hair loss was happening I also used a bit more product in my hair to give it volume.  I started in early December and it pretty much stopped about mid January.  I don't really have any loss now.   So don't worry about it, NO ONE notices.  And I have really good friends who will tell me if something is noticable.  Like when they made me go buy new bra's....That's a story for another day! Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

CarolWannabe
on 4/10/08 4:04 am - Pepperell, MA
Hey Julie - Good to hear from you !  Looks like you are doing great  and I am waiting to see that new picture.  You will have to fill me in on the new bra's.  I am going to be making a trip to Lady Grace myself very shortly.  I'm still having issue's with the nausea and abdominal pains.  I'm just not sure what to do.  All other tests done have come back negative.  I go the end of the month for my first set of blood work since surgery, so I am curious to see what that shows.   If you get a chance - stop by.  I would love to see you and check out that new, smokin body and the new bras !!! ha ha  
Discovery02466
on 4/9/08 11:20 am - Newton, MA
I hear ya!  I've lost almost 75lbs and I swear 20 of it is hair!  I'm lucky that I had super thick hair to start with...I didn't do Biotin because I don't want more hair in other places to start growing in bulk, but I am a super protein girl and its still falling out...I also do close to 100 ounces of fluid per day as well...Sometimes you can't do anything for it!  I wouldn't change 75lbs for it though...I'll get a wig to be a skinny bald girl!  Lol...Anyway, I'm hoping it stops by the summer!

~Jenn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views