Skin discoloring

april116
on 4/6/08 11:28 am
OK, I know this is strange but I have to ask. I am very excited to say that I am 6 months out and down 94#s.  I am very happy with that loss and with myself. But, today I noticed that the inside of my upper legs is turning dark brown with even darker spots. Has anyone else experienced this??? I am going back to my surgeon on Tuesday but figured I would ask. My stomach is horrible I call it my UGH.  I am having problems with the excess skin and will probably need surgery for it.  Unless of course it firms up.  Don't know how.  I go to the gym everyday and see my trainer twice a week. Any suggestions on this would be helpfull as well. Thanks for any advise people can give me. I must say that since I started this process I have had my ups and downs but right now I am very happy.  People ask me all the time if I want or expect the compliments.  I reply.  It's nice to hear but it is no longer about what other people think.  It is what I think about myself and my own self esteem. If you can get there you can get anywhere. Good luck to everyone in this process. I started at a size 24 and now am down to a size 12(whoo hoo for me) April
sunnymoonx
on 4/6/08 11:11 pm - cape cod, MA
WOW congrats on your weight loss!!! you stomach will most likely not go away. You'll have hanging skin there that will only go away with plastic surgery.  Your thighs too. My guess is it's the skin getting looser. It's not filled out with fat like it was before and looks different now.  You could possibly see the same things with your arms - commonly referred to as "wings" We all get them. It's a fact of life with major weight loss. Ourt skin has been stretched way out and when we lose the weight, it just can't go back to where it used to be. I'm with you on the compliments. They are nioce to hear but I don't expect them. In fact - and please dont flame me- Sometines I don't like to hear them. It bothers me when a certain friend of mine sees me and says "hi skinny" it absolutely drives me nuts. I know she means well and is trying to encourage me but I'm just tired of hearing it. It's all about what I think of myself and how i am feeling that matters.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs