Boston Medical Center

striveforhealth
on 4/3/08 11:37 am - Portsmouth, NH
Hi - I have a friend in Boston who's considering WLS.  Has anyone used Boston Medical Center?  How's their program?  I couldn't find any info on their website.  Thanks!

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Lauryn
on 4/4/08 2:29 am - Abington, MA
Hi! Yes, my surgeon is the best - Donald Hess, haeads up their team and is the most wonderful man you'll every meet (not that Im prejudiced or anything) - I would trust him again to any surgery on me.  However, BMS is a teching hospital, so tell you r friend to be prepared for the parade of med students and student  nurses.  Also, make sure your friend has someone there with her, for post-op, as the orderlies tried to put me in a room with an insane person, but one 'this will not do' from my guardian niece and I was wisked off to a private room.  That person ended up having to be transferred to the psyche ward after she attacked one of the nurses.  If Dr. Hess had been there, he would not have allowed them to put me in that room, either, but his time is in great demand, so he was probably in surgery when all that was happening.  He checked in at least twice a day and made sure everything was fine.   Good luck! Laurie
BradysGirl12
on 4/14/08 2:03 pm - Boston, MA
Hello there! I also totally and fully recommend Dr. Hess and his team. I had a great experience and have been treated with nothing but respect. Everyone I have dealt with at BMC and QMC have been great. If he/she has any questions, feel free to send them my way, I would love to help them out.
              *~ Megs ~*
                Starting: 291  Current: 223  Goal: 140
                      Surgery on Jan 2nd, 2008

steambacker
on 4/20/08 8:05 am - Hull, MA
I am also a patient of Dr Hess and i HIGHLY RECOMMEND him!!!  He is so nice and caring and I have had absolutely no problems!  I had my surgery on 05/23/07 and went from 310 and now am 140!!!  His entire staff is wonderful.  They are all so nice and caring and Boston Medical Center took wonderful care of me. I was happy about the entire program. 
RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views