WAITING ...ARRGE!

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/08 6:39 am - east falmouth, MA
Ok...So I am here on these boards about every spare minute.  I am informed, interested, hopeful, relieved, excited, resolved, happy, anxious, crazy, super sane, on top of the world, ready and willing to do whatever it takes and WAAAAAAIIIIITING.... This is worse than when I delivered my son a month and a half late!     I've seen a psych and she will help ...The surgeon is next week....Then on and on.   Now I know everybody has to go through this and I am just being a namby pamby spoiled brat ...Ok I'll own that  But I've got to say that all you friends with your success stories aren't making it any easier!!!! Overall I am absolutely totally freaked and amazed and so totally blown away considering that this time I loose the weight  I will keep it off....Oh MY GOD!!!!   I have struggled so bad for so long that I had pretty much just resigned myself to dying young and fat.    The biggie here for me is that I don't have to.... and I choose to LIVE...and I can and I can get help and woooo hoooo...maybe even hold a grandkid one day.   Thank God for medical science and the compassionate doctors that are fighting for us and our right to live ! Just a little teeth knashing and venting.   Pray for me and I will do the same for you... Dear God...please grant me patience...NOW!!!!! Nothing personal by the way...I hope to be tormenting the next newbie group in with my successes ASAP too...  love to all   Suzle
disneybear
on 4/2/08 7:07 am - Walpole, MA
Hang in there! I am just finding out myself how may loops we have to go through, but the checklist is getting smaller. This is an important part of your life that you are going through so you need to "cross every T"! Good Luck!
ks4
on 4/2/08 7:19 am - Fitchburg, MA
You will get through this time and once it's a thing of the past, you think back and it won't seem like it was that long of a wait after all. Best wishes to you on your WL journey.  It's an amazing ride!

sunnymoonx
on 4/2/08 7:22 am - cape cod, MA
i agree, once you are post op, the time  you spent pre-op preparing, doesnt seem like it was all that long. there are a lot of loop holes to go through.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/08 10:56 am - east falmouth, MA
Thanks everybody!  Does anybody think I have a snowballs chance of getting the surgery done before the end of June?  How long did everybody else take.  I'm only anxious because I have a lot of hard work to get done this summer and am afraid I might have to wait.  Also afraid I will blow my knees out doing it..My health is a mess and business is rocking...I am going to start dieting again anyway and then if I loose too much and go below BMI of 40 will I be in insurance problems again....     It's not like I can't loose weight ...it just returns again within a year... I guess it's just a bit of a melt down day...I got up at 4 am to go to the flower markewt in Boston and need to relax and sleep instead of harass my computer and you nice people  Time for a hot I'm going to Brigham and Womens  Anybody else?   PS I will understand if you choose to ignore this...wabawabawaba...nitenite...
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/08 9:37 pm - east falmouth, MA
Oh my I was on a roll...I swear I am not that person...at least not today.  sorry (the bath helped)
ks4
on 4/3/08 12:14 am - Fitchburg, MA
For me once I started to go in and see all the required people, it took about four months from start to finish.

foobear
on 4/3/08 10:13 am - Medford, MA
It took me approx 4 months from initial informational session and filling out the application form until the day of my surgery.  (This was at Beth Israel/Deaconess, Boston.)  Of course, I didn't have any glitches with health insurance covering it. It may seem like a long, long slog until you get to have the surgery, but believe me, it's a whole lot shorter than the rest of your life. And, anyway, just IMHO, I found the 4 months after my surgery seemed a whole lot LOOONGER to me than the 4 months before.  Before the surgery, it was all promise and anticipation, and a well-defined series of hoops--checklists than can mark one's progress; after the surgery, it's dealing with the nuts and bolts of reality.  Don't get me wrong; it's been great, but all the hard work comes AFTER the surgery and this continues for months and months and months; years and years, in fact.  Even though I'm making steady progress, I sometimes think that it's a lot like watching paint dry. Of course, I hope that in two years, I'll be able to read what I've written here and claim that *I* was just being a namby-pamby spoiled brat! /Steve
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/08 10:31 pm - east falmouth, MA
Thanks for the reality check....I am hoping the surgeon will log my starting weight in on the insurance application and such.   There is no way I can get time off for recovery during the summer...I work as a wedding designer and florist and am fully booked through October....And it is me that does all the work...  Self employment ya know....(but I love it!!!) The fact is I can loose weight on my own...but never keep it off for more than a year.  The body just calls in a "stop action" , won't drop any more and then starts inching it all back on. If I have to wait then  I will diet to loose weight anyway...I am a physical mess with this weight.  I might as well start the pre and post diet  anyway....I will see what the doc says.   I have such a love/ hate relationship with food.  Might as well get to working that out. Surgeon on April 14th...Can't wait!!!!    Thanks...
jayner
on 4/3/08 10:44 pm - Littleton, MA
Suzie, Call your center. With mine the official weight was the one they recorded the first day when I had the appointment with the nutritionist. My timeline has been as follows: introductory session: mid-December, first appointment - end of January, surgery scheduled - May 14th. good luck, Jayne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views