Does the hunger come back?

suzanne777123
on 3/28/08 8:44 am - Bristol, RI
I never had to remind myself to eat...but I was very easily satisfied with very small amounts of food.  I'm almost 2 years out and it's the same now.  I was a volume eater before so this surgery is great for people like us.   My Nut suggested we eat off a bread & butter plate instead of a "regular" plate and to this day I still do that.  That tiny plate fills me to capacity ! Best of luck with surgery, Suzanne
06/14/06:    Laproscopic RNY.  Down 215 Lbs.    

11/19/07:    Lower Body Lift with auto-augmentation on buttock lift, Breast lift with Auto-Augmentation, extended brachioplasty with Axilla repair.

02/25/08:    Vertical Thigh Lift, Lower Face Lift, Fat Grafting.
disneybear
on 3/28/08 9:01 am, edited 3/28/08 9:02 am - Walpole, MA
Eating off of a bread and butter plate is a great idea! I am afraid I will have to do that after the surgery though, as I am starving right now!
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 3/28/08 10:48 pm - 128 Belt, MA

When you have restriction or lack of hunger it is the best thing in the whole world. I was 43 when I was banded and couldn't believe this is how the majority of society feels. When you aren't hungry, you make better choices and aren't always looking at carbs or candy as the devil tempting you. I would say I stopped opening and closing the cabinets all day. Also, say on a weekend, it would be easy to realize that at 6 pm I might have eaten minimal food..busy all day and not the monkey on your back begging you to eat. It is incredible.  My band is empty (a leak) and I can't wait to have conversion surgery to the Rny.  Go to the support groups..they really make you realize in your head why you are having this surgery. They really make you feel you are not alone in the process. They help you see where you want to go/where you want to be, and when newbies join the group you realize how far you have come.  I will be rejoining group. Also, the Nutritionist who runs the group typically has a f planned topic or forum for the week-so it is not a free for all.  Sometimes seasonally directed...how to make choices at a cookout, how to prepare and survive the holidays, how to eat while vacationing, etc. You leave with valuable pertinent information. It just isn't a love/hate/complaint /questions session. Good luck, and maybee we will bump into each other at some point. Joan

Lori S.
on 3/28/08 11:17 pm - Assonet, MA
Hi Disneybear,            Once again, I had my surgery with Dr Lautz March 3rd. It hasn't been until the last couple of days....once the weather broke and I was able to be out with the kids (and not reminding myself to eat )that I got Hungry. I was very nervous.....I was so afraid to overeat....well let me tell you, that it is not possible (at least not for me right now) .....I can only eat so much before I start to fell the slightest bit uncomfortable. Now I need to learn to stop before I get to that uncomfortable feeling... I read pre-op that for people who overeat it may take several months to begin to even learn what feeling full or satisfied is like. Try to take one step at a time, get the surgery done and then you will understand first hand how you will feel!!!  It is totally unbelievable to comprehend pre-op...IMPO.  Try to relax and prepare for your new LIFE!!!!  Dr. Lautz is my HERO!!!  He literally saved my life as far as I'm concerned....Also feel free to talk to him about any concerns you have... he is super sensitive once you really get to know him!!!     PS: There are about 4 of us in this area who are trying to get  our own support group together....You are more than welcome to join!!!  Provided you don't mind being with women and my own 2 children.....We try to get together at my house because it is easier for the kids to be home and gives me more time to chat and less time to chase!!!   LOL     Take Care, Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views